A silly, yet annoying issue.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: A silly, yet annoying issue.
Jeez KC, yer gettin picky in your old age.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-05-2012, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 06:06 PM by DeepThought.)
(14-05-2012 05:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Oh, I get it. It's KC doing the whining, and he's special... Big Grin
Not really, I just was too lazy to get the flyspray out.. Flyspray didn't seem to work... they just come back for more. Sad

Easier to throw a piece of meat out there so they don't bother me for a while. Probably a bad idea since now they will have babies and multiply like crazy. damn...

But the flies are so cute Heart

but sometimes annoying... Sad

but so cute Heart

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
14-05-2012, 07:54 PM
(14-05-2012 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No no. Wait.

I'm talking about the 60 second timer in between posts.

I've never run up against this, but I have run up against the 30 seconds between searches quite often. Search fails, I refine it, and then just whistle to myself while the remaining 20 seconds runs out. Not a big deal, don't find it particularly bothersome or annoying, just don't see the reason behind it. Are spambots doing searches?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
14-05-2012, 08:04 PM
(14-05-2012 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've never run up against this, but I have run up against the 30 seconds between searches quite often. Search fails, I refine it, and then just whistle to myself while the remaining 20 seconds runs out. Not a big deal, don't find it particularly bothersome or annoying, just don't see the reason behind it. Are spambots doing searches?
Search can be server load intensive. Searching for keywords in all posts through a large database that is getting larger by the day. It's possible to do denial of service attacks with things like that.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-05-2012, 08:11 PM
(14-05-2012 08:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(14-05-2012 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've never run up against this, but I have run up against the 30 seconds between searches quite often. Search fails, I refine it, and then just whistle to myself while the remaining 20 seconds runs out. Not a big deal, don't find it particularly bothersome or annoying, just don't see the reason behind it. Are spambots doing searches?
Search can be server load intensive. Searching for keywords in all posts through a large database that is getting larger by the day. It's possible to do denial of service attacks with things like that.

Duh. ... Should've been able to realize that on my own. Blush

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2012, 09:59 PM
C'mon KC, you should have more patience; you're a father, aren't you Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post