... A simple cake of mistaken identity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 04:46 PM
... A simple cake of mistaken identity.
I live in the basement apartment at my dads house. I woke up to his texts saying he needs to goto the hospital. Hes had an undiagnosed abdominal pain issue for a couple years. I find him upstairs on the floor freaking out, slurring and he can't walk. He can't think straight, and he's worried he's having a stroke. I called an ambulance.

After they took him, I became suspicious. I checked our shared deep freezer... Sure enough, something was wrong. The cake my brother made was still there, but my brownies were gone. He mistakenly ate like 3x what would floor me. I told the paramedic that stayed behind to write a report, and he texted his coworker. After my dad found out what happened he took a nap, and is now mildly pissed off while we wait for a doctor. We can't leave since we would be stuck with a $500 charge for ambulance without seeing a doc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: ... A simple cake of mistaken identity.
Oh damn! Gasp

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Science bless the NHS and its free ambulance service... Sure you have to wait a whole 2 hours for it to arrive, but at least its fuckin' free...

Rule Britannia...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
05-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Oops!

I wonder what the doctor has to say about this Tongue

Be careful next time!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-07-2014, 07:39 PM
All the more reason not to touch the stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2014, 09:29 PM
(05-07-2014 04:46 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I live in the basement apartment at my dads house. I woke up to his texts saying he needs to goto the hospital. Hes had an undiagnosed abdominal pain issue for a couple years. I find him upstairs on the floor freaking out, slurring and he can't walk. He can't think straight, and he's worried he's having a stroke. I called an ambulance.

After they took him, I became suspicious. I checked our shared deep freezer... Sure enough, something was wrong. The cake my brother made was still there, but my brownies were gone. He mistakenly ate like 3x what would floor me. I told the paramedic that stayed behind to write a report, and he texted his coworker. After my dad found out what happened he took a nap, and is now mildly pissed off while we wait for a doctor. We can't leave since we would be stuck with a $500 charge for ambulance without seeing a doc.

Are these magical medical brownies, then?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-07-2014, 01:02 AM
That poor man! I love brownies too, but 3x what would put you down? Makes me feel sick to even think about it.

Hope he's feeling better now?!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
06-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Maybe it's a translation issue but eating three of these is bad... how?
[Image: brownie-girl-scout-adult-halloween-costume-800x1133.jpg]
[Image: BW1202_full_1.jpg]
[Image: 34629.jpg?zm=1600,1600,1,0,0]

Tell him to be grateful!

And of course he had a stroke. Who wouldn't?

Wink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Soooooooooooooo the CO legislature just passed a law that will require commercial edibles-makers to clearly identify on their packages and their products (using some kind of heretofore unspecified universal symbol or color) that the product contains meds.

Good idea, methinks..

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-07-2014, 11:23 AM
(06-07-2014 11:11 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Soooooooooooooo the CO legislature just passed a law that will require commercial edibles-makers to clearly identify on their packages and their products (using some kind of heretofore unspecified universal symbol or color) that the product contains meds.

Good idea, methinks..

Yes, a good idea. I also think the packages should have some strongly worded suggestions on dosage.

Sorry about your dad WATC, hope he's feeling better Big Grin you need to put some warnings on those! Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post