... A simple cake of mistaken identity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: ... A simple cake of mistaken identity.
(05-07-2014 06:22 PM)Sam Wrote:  Science bless the NHS and its free ambulance service... Sure you have to wait a whole 2 hours for it to arrive, but at least its fuckin' free...

Rule Britannia...

If I am calling an ambulance, I will be dead in two hours. God save the Queen! Smartass

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 11:34 AM
(06-07-2014 11:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 06:22 PM)Sam Wrote:  Science bless the NHS and its free ambulance service... Sure you have to wait a whole 2 hours for it to arrive, but at least its fuckin' free...

Rule Britannia...

If I am calling an ambulance, I will be dead in two hours. God save the Queen! Smartass

Oh! The things I could tell you about the London Ambulance Service.

Did you know that people call for an ambulance when they stub their toe?

For real.

That's one of the problems with free services. The individual does not need to think about ROI.

06-07-2014, 01:27 PM
They were actually in the freezer for less than 18 hours. I had warned him they were going in there, and he acknowledged when I mentioned it. Now from all the tripping out, his abdominal pain is back about as bad as ever. I feel like an asshole. He wont be able to work, and it could be weeks before he feels okay again.

I don't have any more edibles, and I quit smoking it for health reasons. I can't even drown my guilt cause I have to cook and clean for two homes now. Facepalm
06-07-2014, 01:30 PM
(06-07-2014 11:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 11:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I am calling an ambulance, I will be dead in two hours. God save the Queen! Smartass

For real.

That's one of the problems with free services. The individual does not need to think about ROI.

ROI = Really Obviously Inappropriate, I presume.

When I was receiving full 'free' medical care as a member of the Armed Forces, I would've never called an ambulance for anything so minor. As a matter of fact I once half-carried a buddy a few miles to the medical clinic after he stubbed a toe, breaking it in the process. We had no vehicle. We were not about to call an ambulance for a simple broken toe. Granted that was in a war-zone, but I would've done the same thing state-side. I think the 'free' has something to do with it, but I think there is something more to it than that. Some people are just leeches and pussies. I want to punch those people enough to warrant a proper ambulance call.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
06-07-2014, 01:55 PM
(06-07-2014 01:27 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  They were actually in the freezer for less than 18 hours. I had warned him they were going in there, and he acknowledged when I mentioned it. Now from all the tripping out, his abdominal pain is back about as bad as ever. I feel like an asshole. He wont be able to work, and it could be weeks before he feels okay again.

I don't have any more edibles, and I quit smoking it for health reasons. I can't even drown my guilt cause I have to cook and clean for two homes now. Facepalm

Master Wu's Green Dragon.

Read the whole thread, 'cause it was a work in progress and a few adjustments were made to the recipe. Don't forget to decarb using the chart. The 30-minute point on the graph gives you the most flexibility btw time and temp. And consider the "Gold Dragon" route (soaking out the chlorophyll with water before decarb).

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-07-2014, 07:20 PM
(06-07-2014 11:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 11:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I am calling an ambulance, I will be dead in two hours. God save the Queen! Smartass

For real.

And at the other end of the scale...

Joyce Pring from my area made four 999 calls while her husband was dying of a heart attack... The ambulance arrived nearly a whole hour later. By which time, the man had died.

And its not an isolated incident. They've been recorded as the worst for response times in the UK.

Yet, they can dispatch emergency ambulances to shuttle non-emergency patients to and from hospital. Despite there being a dedicated shuttle service for the elderly or disabled, and a direct bus link for the able bodied.

Someone needs a good kick up the arse...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
06-07-2014, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 08:59 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Perhaps the thread should be named "A SAMPLE cake of mistaken identity"...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-07-2014, 05:11 AM
(06-07-2014 07:20 PM)Sam Wrote:  ...
Someone needs a good kick up the arse...

I'll let my sister know. She used to be a Director at the London Ambulance Service but now does consulting work (professional arse-kicking.. it runs in the family).

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post