A simple way to help others...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2011, 11:46 PM
A simple way to help others...
So there is this website, http://www.freerice.com

You answer questions such as vocabulary, geography, math, chemistry, etc, and for each correct answer 10 grains of rice are donated to the hungry. It gets a bit addictive, and you learn a little while helping others.

I joined about a week ago and actually replaced my constant facebooking with visiting free rice, it's much more fulfilling. Tonight I also joined a group on freerice called atheists giving aid, so I wanted to bring attention to this group.

Anyway, the site works by showing banner ads, those ads pay for the rice to be donated, if you have an ad blocker enabled the rice doesn't save, so I'm not sure if it's donated or not. To be sure my time isn't wasted and people are actually being fed I disabled my ad blocker JUST FOR THAT SITE. Enjoy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Atheist#6667's post
29-10-2011, 08:16 PM
RE: A simple way to help others...
There's some beautiful thinking right there. Thumbs up.

(I did it. I got frustrated. I'm supposed to know everything, and when it becomes obvious I don't, my Gwynnies is not smiling. Can't have that. Big Grin)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2011, 10:17 PM
(29-10-2011 08:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There's some beautiful thinking right there. Thumbs up.

(I did it. I got frustrated. I'm supposed to know everything, and when it becomes obvious I don't, my Gwynnies is not smiling. Can't have that. Big Grin)

I'm sure Gwynn would appreciate you spending more time on it and learning more + helping others! Big Grin I replaced my facebook bookmark with freerice, so instead of wasting time on facebook I waste time helping others...
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist#6667's post
29-10-2011, 11:15 PM
(29-10-2011 10:17 PM)Atheist#6667 Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 08:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There's some beautiful thinking right there. Thumbs up.

I'm sure Gwynn would appreciate you spending more time on it and learning more + helping others! Big Grin I replaced my facebook bookmark with freerice, so instead of wasting time on facebook I waste time helping others...

She gave an interview one time where she said stuff like "I'm just a girl. I'll never understand why people obsess like that, their time would be better served in a soup kitchen." Big Grin

11 years later, she's not just a girl; she's my sweet everything. She is not carved into some outrageous altar hidden in my closet where I go to have dark fantasies, she's just a fellow human being who I find to be sweet and adorable. I have found plenty of others who have a completely different perspective - no big deal.

And no one has any idea - not even me - of the scope of this thing me and my Gwynnies have discovered... which is to say neither of you is incorrect, and everybody can think anything they want of this unit; or disregard it entirely. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2011, 11:36 PM
(27-10-2011 11:46 PM)Atheist#6667 Wrote:  So there is this website, http://www.freerice.com
Tonight I also joined a group on freerice called atheists giving aid, so I wanted to bring attention to this group.

I've done freerice for years and knew about the banners, but had no idea there were groups to join! Shows how much I pay attention. Instead of going directly to get my "fix", I'll have to check it out - Thanks. Smile

And yea - freerice is wonderfully addictive. I turned my brother on to it and it drives him crazy that he's now "wasting time!" *gasp* Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post