A simple, yet effective refutation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: A simple, yet effective refutation.
(07-06-2012 09:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 09:24 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You've got a thing for the YEC lately haven't you? Leave them alone man, it's not like they are trying to make the world a dumber place and remove genuine facts from all the classrooms in favor of fantasy....

Everytime I type the I type teh. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I've just spent a lot of time talking to QC about accepting evolution, and now there are some YECs telling her things that are causing her to doubt.

It's frustrating because YEC is... just... laughable.
And there's no bodies? Dodgy

Someone tried to pimp that shit to my girl, they'd be martyrs in the hood tonight. Tell you whut.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-06-2012, 06:59 PM
God also lied to Abraham about wanting him to kill Isaac. Unless he genuinely changed his mind at the end, in which case eesh, what a dick. Then again, that means he lied about it being a test to cover his ass..

Well in either scenario he lied by proxy through an angel, so it's all cool.

Blog? Blog!
Current Topics:
Zelda remakes!
Awesome Orcadian Folklore!
[+] 1 user Likes AdaMiSt's post
14-06-2012, 04:21 AM
(13-06-2012 06:59 PM)AdaMiSt Wrote:  God also lied to Abraham about wanting him to kill Isaac. Unless he genuinely changed his mind at the end, in which case eesh, what a dick. Then again, that means he lied about it being a test to cover his ass..

Well in either scenario he lied by proxy through an angel, so it's all cool.

Wow. I've never even considered that.

God may not have necessarily "lied" to Abraham, but he wasn't honest about his intentions. It may be said that God had to be dishonest in order for the test to work, but the ends don't justify the means, do they?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
14-06-2012, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 10:06 AM by AdaMiSt.)
I'd like to think not. When ever I bring this up, though, whew! The arrows fly and the mental contortion acts go full force. It's hard for people to get around this one. I usually get "but it was a TEST," as the response, which doesn't really answer whether God is a liar or not. Either that or I'm told the lesson the story was trying to teach, which completely avoids the point I was trying to make, haha.

Put this with the biblical verse from earlier in the conversation, and we have some very interesting implications:

Either:
1) God is a hypocrite
2) God is now a liar on at least TWO accounts
3) God IS NOT a perfect being (which I'd think was obvious if you read the stupid book), but us mere mortals thought he was and so wrote it down this way
4) It's all horseshit!

Blog? Blog!
Current Topics:
Zelda remakes!
Awesome Orcadian Folklore!
[+] 3 users Like AdaMiSt's post