A slap of mortality.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 04:11 PM
A slap of mortality.
Hello everyone!

My name is Lindsey. I'm a married mother of one, soon to be two. My husband and I live out in the country and have what we like to call a small farm! We've got 3 butthead cats, 2 jerk dogs, and a bird who kisses at everyone who walks into the room.

I grew up very religious, read the bible front to back a few times, and eventually at one point began to question why I was doing what I was doing. From about 15 until a year ago I was somewhat non-committal when it came to religion. I passively questioned it, but didn't "come out" because I didn't want to rock the boat.

My husband and I finally had a successful pregnancy last year after 4 years of loss after loss after loss with little to no answer as to why. Our son's pregnancy was text book. Absolutely flawless. Not even so much as gestational diabetes.

We went in for our last appointment, two days before his due date, and after 2 separate ultrasounds, we were told his heart had stopped and there was nothing they could do. He was gone. I gave birth to our beautiful son the next day, a day before his due date. He had a horrendous cord wrap which cut blood flow to him. Thankfully, as crappy as it was, we had an answer.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, our son's death didn't push me over the edge. I'm not "angry" with any deity, I'm not anti-religion, or anti-Christian or anything of the like. It simply made me assess who I was and truly accept how I felt.

It's been hard, because we conceived again 3 months after his death. I'm due in October against, which is amazing. But the platitudes and such that we got after his death, and now with this pregnancy, they've been too much for me to keep quiet.

My husband's family is very religious, so its been a little hard. I try very hard to be sensitive to their needs and their beliefs, and I never tell them they're wrong, try to convert, or argue. Unfortunately, I'm not awarded the same respect a lot of the time. So...it's a little rough!

I'm hoping to be able to connect with others here who believe the same, or don't believe, as it is. Basically I need an outlet something fierce!!

I look forward to chatting with you all soon!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like MrsFarrow's post
11-08-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: A slap of mortality.
(11-08-2014 04:11 PM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  Hello everyone!

My name is Lindsey. I'm a married mother of one, soon to be two. My husband and I live out in the country and have what we like to call a small farm! We've got 3 butthead cats, 2 jerk dogs, and a bird who kisses at everyone who walks into the room.

I grew up very religious, read the bible front to back a few times, and eventually at one point began to question why I was doing what I was doing. From about 15 until a year ago I was somewhat non-committal when it came to religion. I passively questioned it, but didn't "come out" because I didn't want to rock the boat.

My husband and I finally had a successful pregnancy last year after 4 years of loss after loss after loss with little to no answer as to why. Our son's pregnancy was text book. Absolutely flawless. Not even so much as gestational diabetes.

We went in for our last appointment, two days before his due date, and after 2 separate ultrasounds, we were told his heart had stopped and there was nothing they could do. He was gone. I gave birth to our beautiful son the next day, a day before his due date. He had a horrendous cord wrap which cut blood flow to him. Thankfully, as crappy as it was, we had an answer.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, our son's death didn't push me over the edge. I'm not "angry" with any deity, I'm not anti-religion, or anti-Christian or anything of the like. It simply made me assess who I was and truly accept how I felt.

It's been hard, because we conceived again 3 months after his death. I'm due in October against, which is amazing. But the platitudes and such that we got after his death, and now with this pregnancy, they've been too much for me to keep quiet.

My husband's family is very religious, so its been a little hard. I try very hard to be sensitive to their needs and their beliefs, and I never tell them they're wrong, try to convert, or argue. Unfortunately, I'm not awarded the same respect a lot of the time. So...it's a little rough!

I'm hoping to be able to connect with others here who believe the same, or don't believe, as it is. Basically I need an outlet something fierce!!

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles, but hopefully this one will go smoothly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-08-2014, 04:50 PM

*Hugs!* I'm due in October as well! Yay someone who understands. Welcome! Lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-08-2014, 05:25 PM
(11-08-2014 04:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

*Hugs!* I'm due in October as well! Yay someone who understands. Welcome! Lol.
Woohoo!! When are you due? Do you know if you're having a boy or girl? Is this your first?

And thank you both for the welcome Smile!
14-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Welcome to TTA.

And good luck.

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
14-08-2014, 12:38 PM
My son was originally due on October 4th but came on September 28th.

How early in October are you due?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi MrsFarrow, I've seen you around lately but haven't had a chance to meet & greet. It seems as if you've been through quite a bit so, I'm glad you've found this place to vent, if nothing else. It's an international forum with a variety of personalities and view points. I'm certain you'll find some interesting, ongoing discussions - don't hesitate to join in.

We do have a few theists here, for whatever their reasons might be. Also, the occasional troll wanders through so... might watch your step Dodgy or you might get some on you.

Good luck with your bump - no doubt we'll all be rooting for you and our Hobbitgirl, who's due to pop the same month.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Welcome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello Mrs.Farrow.
[Image: Welcome-12-june_zpsc8b9a7e4.gif]
15-08-2014, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 01:55 AM by MrsFarrow.)
(14-08-2014 12:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My son was originally due on October 4th but came on September 28th.

How early in October are you due?

There's some discrepancies, because if you go by our dates, I'm due the 14th, if you go by the 1st ultrasound, I'm due the 24th. I go by the ultrasound because we didn't chart the month I got pregnant. Go figure.

We're planning on inducing 2 weeks early because everyone thinks I'll be a mental case, but if we see no cord wrap at 37 weeks, I may be ballsy enough to try to 40 weeks. Not 40 weeks and 1 day. Not 40 weeks and 3 hours. 40 weeks lol.

Thank you for all the love!!

Edit: Just realized I didn't add this, but October 4th is our son's birthday Smile