Poll: I believe in a ...
one-state solution
two-state solution
one-country/two-state solution
never ending conflict
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
A solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-02-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: A solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict
(21-02-2014 05:05 AM)Youkay Wrote:  I'm befuddled... are you guys seriously suggesting to let the conflict between Israel and Palistinians drag on until one side (which will be Palestinians) is completely annihilated? Shocking

I'm not seriously suggesting it, just pointing out that donotwant has some logic in his post: if one side practically stops existing, there can't be conflict between the two sides.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 11:18 AM
(21-02-2014 05:05 AM)Youkay Wrote:  I'm befuddled... are you guys seriously suggesting to let the conflict between Israel and Palistinians drag on until one side (which will be Palestinians) is completely annihilated? Shocking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Well, if it was sarcasm, it certainly is not funny. And it certainly goes against all intentions to give credit to people who in their false sense of superiority honestly support genocide of the oppressed. Even jokingly, such a revolting suggestion should never be outspoken, let alone encouraged or validated.

Your lack of seriousness or at least consideration for the suffering of millions of people is disturbing, shameful really. Disappointing.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
21-02-2014, 12:41 PM
(21-02-2014 12:23 PM)Youkay Wrote:  Well, if it was sarcasm, it certainly is not funny. And it certainly goes against all intentions to give credit to people who in their false sense of superiority honestly support genocide of the oppressed. Even jokingly, such a revolting suggestion should never be outspoken, let alone encouraged or validated.

Your lack of seriousness or at least consideration for the suffering of millions of people is disturbing, shameful really. Disappointing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Taking 2 people to task for sarcastically dismissing one idiots position while at the same time being militantly in favor of a group who have Genocide as one of their stated goals. Go shove your self righteous attitude up your ass.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Actually I was not kidding.
There was a situation in my life where I had to fight over bunch of items. Sometimes you just can't give something up and the choice is either give up or fight.
If people can't give up money and items what makes you think they will ever give up LAND PERMANENTLY?
Nobody will ever do this. So yeah sometimes it's easier for everybody if one side will just drop dead. But they can't destroy each other because other countries will get involved. Neither can they split the land because they will never agree to lose the other part forever. Neither can they live together because the culture is too different and they hate each other too much. So they have no choice but to kill each other till the end of time.
21-02-2014, 12:47 PM
"There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
21-02-2014, 12:58 PM
If there was a solution they would find it by now. They simply don't want to give up something they want. And they never will. It's just too important.
21-02-2014, 01:17 PM
(21-02-2014 12:47 PM)Youkay Wrote:  "There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all."
Friedrich Nietzsche

“Our weapons are the ironic mind against the literal: the open mind against the credulous; the courageous pursuit of truth against the fearful and abject forces who would set limits to investigation (and who stupidly claim that we already have all the truth we need). Perhaps above all, we affirm life over the cults of death and human sacrifice and are afraid, not of inevitable death, but rather of a human life that is cramped and distorted by the pathetic need to offer mindless adulation, or the dismal belief that the laws of nature respond to wailings and incantations.”

― Christopher Hitchens

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-02-2014, 09:00 PM
(21-02-2014 01:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:47 PM)Youkay Wrote:  "There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all."
Friedrich Nietzsche

“Our weapons are the ironic mind against the literal: the open mind against the credulous; the courageous pursuit of truth against the fearful and abject forces who would set limits to investigation (and who stupidly claim that we already have all the truth we need). Perhaps above all, we affirm life over the cults of death and human sacrifice and are afraid, not of inevitable death, but rather of a human life that is cramped and distorted by the pathetic need to offer mindless adulation, or the dismal belief that the laws of nature respond to wailings and incantations.”

― Christopher Hitchens

That quote is about ridiculing religion and religious rituals. Not about sarcasm being a good thing in general. lol. Laughat

Hitchens himself was dead serious about this conflict.

(21-02-2014 12:46 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Actually I was not kidding.
There was a situation in my life where I had to fight over bunch of items. Sometimes you just can't give something up and the choice is either give up or fight.
If people can't give up money and items what makes you think they will ever give up LAND PERMANENTLY?
Nobody will ever do this. So yeah sometimes it's easier for everybody if one side will just drop dead. But they can't destroy each other because other countries will get involved. Neither can they split the land because they will never agree to lose the other part forever. Neither can they live together because the culture is too different and they hate each other too much. So they have no choice but to kill each other till the end of time.

I will answer to this with a quote from Hitchens (but in the right context, unlike Revenant):

“Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building—as my dear friend and colleague Jeff Goldberg sat and said to my face over a table at La Tomate in Washington not two years ago—and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The man leaping from the burning building must still make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place. Do not shame yourself with the cheap lie that they were told by their leaders to run away. Also, stop saying that nobody knew how to cultivate oranges in Jaffa until the Jews showed them how. 'Making the desert bloom'—one of Yvonne's stock phrases—makes desert dwellers out of people who were the agricultural superiors of the Crusaders.”

Israel owes Palestinians for catching them mid fall. Under normal circumstances, they are obliged to recompense. And we are obliged to oppose inhumanities. The failure of peace negotiations and continuation of systematically disproportional Israeli aggression against Palestinians is a result of our indifference. We are the ones at fault. You can not expect the oppressed to stand up against their oppressors, especially if the oppressors are backed up by the most powerful countries in this world.

21-02-2014, 09:09 PM
What do you suggest then? Divide land in 2 pieces? Both sides will never agree to it since they think it's theirs. It's like I would never give a part of my house to somebody else especially if I was building it for 100 years. It's impossible and not happening.
You will understand once somebody will try to take away something which you refuse to give up. War is unavoidable in this situation until one side will give it up or get annihilated. And nobody will ever give up a part of land forever. Especially after 100 years of struggle.