Poll: I believe in a ...
one-state solution
two-state solution
one-country/two-state solution
never ending conflict
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
A solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-02-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: A solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict
(24-02-2014 08:57 AM)Youkay Wrote:  Can you please share how you "educate in a more passive fashion"? Might be interesting to know.

I share my opinions far more casually outside of the forum and am hardly confrontational. I offer and articulate my point of view when asked; if it is not accepted, I do not press the issue. I joined this forum for the debate, I stayed for the friends. I am not really interested in a long-winded debate nowadays.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 09:25 AM
(23-02-2014 08:30 AM)Youkay Wrote:  All of this was expected, but it is still very revealing. The current crisis is and has been dragging on for so long because of too little extrinsic political pressure and favoritism towards the bully. This again can be attributed to Israeli-American propaganda with the deliberate intent to mislead and misinform. As any other political propaganda, this is achieved by instilling hate using easily accessible tools like religion, sense of community and sense of superiority.

Unfortunately, people that have commented in this thread represent the majority. They have been successfully misinformed and are simply too lazy to self-educate, even when presented with more credible sources. Furthermore, they are unable to acknowledge the fact that their opinion is heavily rivaled by most renown international establishments and personalities, preventing them from genuinely questioning their blind convictions.

I hope it is clear that raising public awareness will prove essential in dealing with this humanitarian crisis, which has already lasted for 60 years.

I leave you with this trailer:

And this documentary movie:

Made by "Arab savages and fascist sumbags movie production corp"?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
24-02-2014, 09:40 AM
(22-02-2014 02:08 AM)Youkay Wrote:  I dismissed the rest of your post for being utterly naive, ideological and unrealistic. And I will do so again.

...and again, and again. Yes, I know. But you haven't given any good reasons, or an alternative.

People are humouring you, providing practical and humane platforms, and you're not providing anything in return.

With all these posts so far, can you finalize what's the BEST outcome? And summarize the STEPS needed to achieve it. As other posts have done.
24-02-2014, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 12:40 PM by Youkay.)
(24-02-2014 09:40 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  With all these posts so far, can you finalize what's the BEST outcome? And summarize the STEPS needed to achieve it. As other posts have done.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid497011

I gave you a solution in my very first post of this thread. Granted, it is a chunk to read, but it was right there, this entire time. If I were you, I would be embarrassed for having asked such a question.

I can not "finalize the best outcome" based on "all these posts", because they don't have any content that warrants consideration. As I have repeatedly said, they are heavily influenced by media, hear-say and prejudice. And I demonstrated it by sharing UN Human Rights and UNEP reports which are stark contradictions to the popular opinions on this forum.

Ridicule, insults and sarcasm are the last resort of people who have run out of things to say or contribute.

Also, have a look how Revenant's ignorance turned out. Similar to you, he accused me of not having provided anything except the initial article, even though I did provide very convincing documents early on.

I do have more documents and articles, but I was not challenged sufficiently to provide them as well. After all, people didn't even have a look at the first three sources.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
24-02-2014, 01:03 PM
(24-02-2014 11:51 AM)Youkay Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid497011

I gave you a solution in my very first post of this thread. Granted, it is a chunk to read, but it was right there, this entire time. If I were you, I would be embarrassed for having asked such a question.

No. You posted yur own heavily anti-israeli and antisemetic gibberish that completly ignores the savagery of the fanatics and islamic fascists!

Quote:I can not "finalize the best outcome" based on "all these posts", because they don't have any content that warrants consideration.

On the gounds of:

Quote:As I have repeatedly said, they are heavily influenced by media, hear-say and prejudice.

The voices in your head!

Quote:And I demonstrated it by sharing UN Human Rights and UNEP reports which are stark contradictions to the popular opinions on this forum.

And do you have the reports on Hamas? Did you even bother to read through the list of crimes commited by your fellow scum?

Quote:Ridicule, insults and sarcasm are the last resort of people who have run out of things to say or contribute.

People who cant take jokes are usualy antidemocratic and totalitarian scum.

Quote:Also, have a look how Revenant's ignorance turned out. Similar to you, he accused me of not having provided anything except the initial article, even though I did provide very convincing documents early on.

No you didn`t. You provide onesided reports and ignore the savagry of the islamofascists.

Probably because you are one yourself!

Quote:I do have more documents and articles, but I was not challenged sufficiently to provide them as well. After all, people didn't even have a look at the first three sources.

And nobody will read through a list of documents collected together by a nazi.

24-02-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 11:21 PM by Youkay.)
Provide me the reports then, TGAC. Don't leave it at empty talk, like you always do.

Stop sabotaging threats with your vile and venom. If you want to contribute, please do so. With facts, reports and articles from credible and unbiased sources. The way that I did.

Here are some quotes from my fellow "islamofascists", as you put it:

“It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists (Jews) do to Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews.”
Albert Einstein

“Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home”
Mahatma Gandhi

“Actually—and this was where I began to feel seriously uncomfortable—some such divine claim underlay not just 'the occupation' but the whole idea of a separate state for Jews in Palestine. Take away the divine warrant for the Holy Land and where were you, and what were you? Just another land-thief like the Turks or the British, except that in this case you wanted the land without the people. And the original Zionist slogan—'a land without a people for a people without a land'—disclosed its own negation when I saw the densely populated Arab towns dwelling sullenly under Jewish tutelage. You want irony? How about Jews becoming colonizers at just the moment when other Europeans had given up on the idea?”
Christopher Hitchens

“The bottom line is this: Peace will come to Israel and the Middle East only when the Israeli government is willing to comply with international law, with the Roadmap for Peace, with official American policy, with the wishes of a majority of its own citizens--and honor its own previous commitments--by accepting its legal borders. All Arab neighbors must pledge to honor Israel's right to live in peace under these conditions. The United States is squandering international prestige and goodwill and intensifying global anti-American terrorism by unofficially condoning or abetting the Israeli confiscation and colonization of Palestinian territories.”
Jimmy Carter

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
25-02-2014, 01:24 AM
@PoolBoyG:
Your "solution" is for the Israelis to voluntarily submit to an immigration policy that would import a body politic for whom "drive the Jews into the sea" was the policy that led to Israeli independence in the first place.

Then you suggest using force. At least you realize the Israelis would never voluntarily submit to even the possibility of genocide-by-democracy, something their most populous constituency suffered once before after a fairly well-known election in Weimar Germany.

How much force do you think it would take? Does it even matter to you? Israel is a nuclear power; your idea isn't just preposterous but monstrous at the force level that would be required.
25-02-2014, 10:19 AM
(25-02-2014 01:24 AM)Jumpy Joshi Wrote:  @PoolBoyG:
Your "solution" is for the Israelis to voluntarily submit to an immigration policy that would import a body politic for whom "drive the Jews into the sea" was the policy that led to Israeli independence in the first place.

Then you suggest using force. At least you realize the Israelis would never voluntarily submit to even the possibility of genocide-by-democracy, something their most populous constituency suffered once before after a fairly well-known election in Weimar Germany.

How much force do you think it would take? Does it even matter to you? Israel is a nuclear power; your idea isn't just preposterous but monstrous at the force level that would be required.

It is a mistake to use the term "Israeli independence". There was no Israel to become independent.

This was pure imperialism, driven by guilt and self-interest.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-02-2014, 02:43 PM
(24-02-2014 11:13 PM)Youkay Wrote:  Provide me the reports then, TGAC. Don't leave it at empty talk, like you always do.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2012/10/03/gaza-...air-trials

http://www.hrw.org/news/2009/04/20/gaza-...gs-torture

latest studies by human rights watch on the Hamas.

Quote:Stop sabotaging threats with your vile and venom. If you want to contribute, please do so. With facts, reports and articles from credible and unbiased sources. The way that I did.

I am contributing, by showing that your "facts" are bullshit and what a disgusting antisemite you are.

Quote:Here are some quotes from my fellow "islamofascists", as you put it:

“It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists (Jews) do to Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews.”
Albert Einstein

“Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home”
Mahatma Gandhi

“Actually—and this was where I began to feel seriously uncomfortable—some such divine claim underlay not just 'the occupation' but the whole idea of a separate state for Jews in Palestine. Take away the divine warrant for the Holy Land and where were you, and what were you? Just another land-thief like the Turks or the British, except that in this case you wanted the land without the people. And the original Zionist slogan—'a land without a people for a people without a land'—disclosed its own negation when I saw the densely populated Arab towns dwelling sullenly under Jewish tutelage. You want irony? How about Jews becoming colonizers at just the moment when other Europeans had given up on the idea?”
Christopher Hitchens

“The bottom line is this: Peace will come to Israel and the Middle East only when the Israeli government is willing to comply with international law, with the Roadmap for Peace, with official American policy, with the wishes of a majority of its own citizens--and honor its own previous commitments--by accepting its legal borders. All Arab neighbors must pledge to honor Israel's right to live in peace under these conditions. The United States is squandering international prestige and goodwill and intensifying global anti-American terrorism by unofficially condoning or abetting the Israeli confiscation and colonization of Palestinian territories.”
Jimmy Carter

"Only the greatest of all morons believe that simply quoting someone is the same thing as making a point!"

- King Brumbrumlulu the second of upper mars.

[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
25-02-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 10:35 PM by Youkay.)
They are quite credible sources, so I will definitely read through them and respond to you in an appropriate way. I will try to find some spare time withing the next 2 days.

As far as I can see from a quick glance, these are not contradictory to what I have posted earlier. You would do well to also read the UN Human rights and UNEP reports that I posted if you don't want to remain ignorant, instead of just simply labeling them as "bullshit" like you always do. You are showcasing your narrow-mindedness again.

PS: You accused me of being an Islamofascist, which is why I showed you that according to your premature labeling tendency (which you seem to be extremely fond of) there are quite respectable people who also fall into the same category.

And I also hate to break it you but... Using references, which is a main criteria for scientific publication, is strictly speaking nothing more than quoting. You might want to reconsider your ridiculous notion.