A step backwards...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 11:32 PM
A step backwards...
http://bit.ly/szjoXt

And here I was thinking we were actually getting ahead.

"Schools that could benefit include two that opened this fall: the Islamic Academy of Saskatchewan, where up to 40% of class time is spent in religious studies taught in Arabic; and Mother Teresa Middle School of Regina, which uses 'Jesuit philosophies, models and teaching methods.' "

Tax payer money spent on religious indoctrination is already an issue up here and this just makes it worse. I support the Canadian Secular Alliance which adopts the viewpoint that there should be one public school system and all other private religious school systems should receive no funding. Here is a link to their mandate which is quite well written, I must say:

http://bit.ly/sMveNz
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes scientician's post
24-12-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: A step backwards...
I actually agree with you. Public funding should never go to a religious institution of any kind.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 02:12 AM
(24-12-2011 01:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually agree with you. Public funding should never go to a religious institution of any kind.

dude...sometimes I think you're bassackwards, but I like where you are on this Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2011, 06:39 AM
What is this heresy? Gagh. Now I have yet another thing that I need to sabotage. There goes my weekend,

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
24-12-2011, 09:02 AM
(24-12-2011 06:39 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  What is this heresy? Gagh. Now I have yet another thing that I need to sabotage. There goes my weekend,

No worries, HK, it's Christmas weekend so a lot of your other activities will be closed down. Sabotage away. I'll keep the beer cold for when you get done.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Richard Dawkins has complained about this religiously (see what I did there?), because faith schools are supported by taxpayers in Britain, too.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user