A step backwards...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 11:32 PM
A step backwards...
http://bit.ly/szjoXt

And here I was thinking we were actually getting ahead.

"Schools that could benefit include two that opened this fall: the Islamic Academy of Saskatchewan, where up to 40% of class time is spent in religious studies taught in Arabic; and Mother Teresa Middle School of Regina, which uses 'Jesuit philosophies, models and teaching methods.' "

Tax payer money spent on religious indoctrination is already an issue up here and this just makes it worse. I support the Canadian Secular Alliance which adopts the viewpoint that there should be one public school system and all other private religious school systems should receive no funding. Here is a link to their mandate which is quite well written, I must say:

http://bit.ly/sMveNz
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes scientician's post
24-12-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: A step backwards...
I actually agree with you. Public funding should never go to a religious institution of any kind.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 02:12 AM
(24-12-2011 01:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually agree with you. Public funding should never go to a religious institution of any kind.

dude...sometimes I think you're bassackwards, but I like where you are on this Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2011, 06:39 AM
What is this heresy? Gagh. Now I have yet another thing that I need to sabotage. There goes my weekend,

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
24-12-2011, 09:02 AM
(24-12-2011 06:39 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  What is this heresy? Gagh. Now I have yet another thing that I need to sabotage. There goes my weekend,

No worries, HK, it's Christmas weekend so a lot of your other activities will be closed down. Sabotage away. I'll keep the beer cold for when you get done.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Richard Dawkins has complained about this religiously (see what I did there?), because faith schools are supported by taxpayers in Britain, too.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user