A suggestion for a new forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I am new to this forum but can't find a forum matching many of the things I am struggling with as a new atheist/agnostic (I am evolving intellectually so I am not in a place yet to claim a label). Could there be a forum support group for new atheists or those struggling with the shedding of a past life into reality? If there already is a forum for this please let me know I just couldn't find it.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 01:47 AM
RE: A suggestion for a new forum
You want either health and psychology if you're hurting, atheism and theism if you wanna discuss arguments, or ranting corner (thread, just search for it) if you're angry and need to let off some steam. Otherwise just go ahead and make an intro thread and let of steam there. Or you can use any of This, That or The other thing, The Casual Coffeehouse, or... there's one other for random threads. (yes we have 3 sections for "if it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here." Go figure.) Mods will move it if it becomes apparent that it would fit better in a different forum section.

Yeah, this place kinda just grew, so the addons and extensions don't all make a helluva lot of sense Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Here you go Alice. I hope this is what you are looking for. Things a bit shaky yet, huh? Very understandable. I'm glad you made it here - it gets better.

We're pretty relaxed here - so if you need anything just ask and you're bound to get a few replies. It's an international forum so you'll probably talk with non-Theists from all over the world... it's pretty fun really. I hope you hang around for a while and explore. Enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Thank you, at another date I will check those out. I need to figure out if I want to ask one big clump of questions or separate them. Yes very shaky, or not so shaky yet, shaky in the sense I am not 100% committed. Although, I see really no other option but don't feel educated enough, and distraught over future conversations I know I will have to have and so on. goes on and on and on lol.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
25-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Welcome, Alice. I hope you find that this place is just what the doctor ordered Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-08-2012, 02:29 AM
No worries. Just think of this place as a combination playground and training area - or just a hang out. We have a few Theists around so you'll be able to check out a few debates and get a feel for the kind of stuff that you might encounter elsewhere. Once you find your ground, you'll be able to hang on to it honestly -with no illusions. That's not something many Theists can really say or do.

Explore a little more of the forum and get a feel for the territory. I'm sure you'll find something of interest. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-08-2012, 02:36 AM
(25-08-2012 02:09 AM)Alice Wrote:  Thank you, at another date I will check those out. I need to figure out if I want to ask one big clump of questions or separate them. Yes very shaky, or not so shaky yet, shaky in the sense I am not 100% committed. Although, I see really no other option but don't feel educated enough, and distraught over future conversations I know I will have to have and so on. goes on and on and on lol.

Well, not to bragThumbsup... This forum has a wide variety of forums dealing with such topics, from Recovery From Religion, to a Pysch Profile of a believer.

And plus you have people( like me) that you could message and ask for advice. I am more than happy to help, I too have had a hard time deconverting, and recovering from religion. The others, if they are the upmost upstanding people as I think they are, will do their best to help you as well.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Hey Alice Smile

Loving some of your posts that I've spotted so far. Just one quibble though Wink Please use a text colour that contrasts well with the background?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Hey, welcome, Alice. Smile

Your best bet is to just go ahead and post your questions or thoughts like you just did. If it ends up being something a lot of us recovering religionists have already asked, we might refer you to some other threads, but essentially the important thing is to get yourself heard. There really isn't anything too dumb that I haven't already said so no worries about embarrassing yourself. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, Alice!

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself? Buddy Christ 5,463 321,364 26-07-2014 06:23 PM
Last Post: JDog554
Video Get To Know a Forum Member - Featuring You Dark Light 65 862 26-07-2014 02:46 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  New to the TTA forum Lewis 15 230 09-06-2014 06:22 AM
Last Post: Elskidor
  Hi, not here to join forum, but would like to chat with atheists Shimpe 31 587 02-05-2014 06:23 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds NeonMoment 598 18,888 02-05-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  New to this forum... Hello Ewok 18 188 25-03-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: Blackhand293
  New to forum garyb65 10 317 10-01-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: garyb65