A suggestion to help the mods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: A suggestion to help the mods
Good idea magoo but not sure if it will help that much.
Personally I would check my PM if I am newly registered and see it popping up but not everyone is like that. They will most likely speed towards the thread that they wanted to post in (ignoring the pm), then they will click around from there and try post more. Then they will get annoyed because the posts don't appear, they will randomly keep posting and double posting, ranting even more. At some point close the tab. And when they come back at some point, that is when they will see that a pm is waiting.

What would probably be useful, to actually put a message where they register. You put in all your data and above the "I aggree" or whatever the button (can't remember), or directly after clicking it, you have a message fat, red, big "Please post your first post here ww.forumlink.com/blahthread. After the post is approved you are able to post more"

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: A suggestion to help the mods
(13-08-2012 05:46 AM)Leela Wrote:  Good idea magoo but not sure if it will help that much.
Personally I would check my PM if I am newly registered and see it popping up but not everyone is like that. They will most likely speed towards the thread that they wanted to post in (ignoring the pm), then they will click around from there and try post more. Then they will get annoyed because the posts don't appear, they will randomly keep posting and double posting, ranting even more. At some point close the tab. And when they come back at some point, that is when they will see that a pm is waiting.

What would probably be useful, to actually put a message where they register. You put in all your data and above the "I aggree" or whatever the button (can't remember), or directly after clicking it, you have a message fat, red, big "Please post your first post here ww.forumlink.com/blahthread. After the post is approved you are able to post more"

It was working well until earlier today when someone blatantly ignored it and made the same post 5 times.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply