A survey and poll about Mao (serious this time, not for entertainment)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 09:51 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
Shocked A survey and poll about Mao (serious this time, not for entertainment)
News link: http://www.guancha.cn/history/2013_12_25_195088.shtml

-----

A survey and poll was done by the newspaper Global Times and the results released yesterday (Dec. 25th, 2013). It was done with online survey and CATI (Computer Aided Telephone Interviewing) combined (interviewing period: Dec. 23rd - Dec. 24th).

The Global Times is considered by many as a pro-government mainstream newspaper. And many also think brainwashing is an important part of the Chinese government's propaganda scheme. In that case, skipping of the following SPOILER part is advised.

-----

Survey and poll results

1. Interviewees' attitudes towards Mr. MAO Zedong.

Admiration 57.2%
Respect 34.3%
Not sure 1.7%
Criticism 6.9%

2. Interviewees' opinions on the statement "Mao's achievements overweigh his faults by far".

Understatement 6.8%
Agreed 78.3% (highest, 83.6% in Changsha; lowest 70.4% in Beijing)
Not sure 3.1%
Overstatement 11.7%

3. Mr. Mao's greatest achievements. (multiple choice)

89.7% Ending China's lamentable history as a colony, leading the country into independence and victory of the revolution.
56.3% Advocation of "serve the people" and social equality
54.6% Elevation of China's international image
49.5% Promotion of the liberation of the Chinese women
49.5% Successful development of the nuclear weapons and satellites
47.5% Improvement of the Sino-American relations in his later years
45.8% Establishment of a complete industrial system and a national economy system

4. Mr. Mao's gravest faults. (multiple choice)

77.2% Cultural Revolution
60.2% Great Leap Forward against economy rules
46.8% Class Struggle as the key to address social problems
46.3% Personal worshiping and harm to the Democratic Centralism
41.1% the Anti-Right Movement
31.4% Poor performance against the Three Years of Natural Disasters

5. Mao's influence in Today's China

43.0% Influential in a number of ways
47.9% Somewhat still influential (highest, 96.1% of youths of age 19 - 29)
1.0% Not sure
8.0% Not at all

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: A survey and poll about Mao (serious this time, not for entertainment)
The achievements and faults lists seem reasonable enough.

On the few occasions I've discussed Mao with PRCs over here, that's pretty much what you get in response.

Of course, one cannot ask the losers of the Cultural Revolution but I suspect they might be revolving in their graves at the 57.2% figure.

26-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Considering he caused the worst famine in human history killing more than 15million people (almost twice that of people killed in ww1 I might add, and just a couple more than jews killed in the Holocaust..), I think this demonstrates the level of brainwash the effects of government censorship that is going on in China.

That or Chinese people are just fucking moronic stupid fucks.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-12-2013, 06:48 AM
(25-12-2013 09:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The achievements and faults lists seem reasonable enough.

On the few occasions I've discussed Mao with PRCs over here, that's pretty much what you get in response.

Of course, one cannot ask the losers of the Cultural Revolution but I suspect they might be revolving in their graves at the 57.2% figure.

Well, quite oddly, some thought the Cultural Revolution was a rare period when the Chinese enjoyed very high levels of democracy: as long as you could make yourself sound seemingly righteous and reasonable enough (in the name of following Chairman Mao, advocating the revolution), commoners could easily gather zealot followers, students could publicly humiliate teachers, subordinates could torture and question superiors and it was legitimate to rebel ! Arsenals were robbed and rifles were distributed among the followers. "Revolutionists" fighting against "revolutionists" both in the name of "Protecting Chairman Mao" ...

Losers ... partly because of some messy democracy ?

Want something? Then do something.
26-12-2013, 07:40 AM
(26-12-2013 06:48 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 09:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The achievements and faults lists seem reasonable enough.

Well, quite oddly, some thought the Cultural Revolution was a rare period when the Chinese enjoyed very high levels of democracy: as long as you could make yourself sound seemingly righteous and reasonable enough (in the name of following Chairman Mao, advocating the revolution), commoners could easily gather zealot followers, students could publicly humiliate teachers, subordinates could torture and question superiors and it was legitimate to rebel ! Arsenals were robbed and rifles were distributed among the followers. "Revolutionists" fighting against "revolutionists" both in the name of "Protecting Chairman Mao" ...

Losers ... partly because of some messy democracy ?

They clearly do not understand the meaning of the word 'democracy'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post