This is bad news
This is'nt bad news
[Show Results]

A test...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 12:16 PM

RE: A test...
There's no way aliens can't exist. It's highly unlikely that in the infinite only one planet out of the endless number of them can sustain life.
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 05:22 PM

I did not really wish to say that aliens do not exist somewhere. For one, Mars has its own alien species although it's only bacteria. Undecided

I was just mocking the pop culture's notion of someone being abducted by aliens and never returning home again. Cool
23-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Is that saying that 80% of children under 8 who die, died from cancer?

"80% of the deaths by children under 8 years are caused by cancer"

If it is, its plain wrong. Starvation and disease take 90%+ of deaths of children.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 02:27 AM

(23-05-2011 11:49 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  Is that saying that 80% of children under 8 who die, died from cancer?

"80% of the deaths by children under 8 years are caused by cancer"

If it is, its plain wrong. Starvation and disease take 90%+ of deaths of children.

It's been addressed earlier. The stats derived from western countries in which famine and disease are not common.
24-05-2011, 08:31 AM
You guys, Observer posted on page two that the number is made up. These are not stats at all. Observers intent was to illustrate the expected reaction to the false statistic.

Just visiting.

-SR
24-05-2011, 10:54 AM
(24-05-2011 08:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys, Observer posted on page two that the number is made up. These are not stats at all. Observers intent was to illustrate the expected reaction to the false statistic.
Lolz...
They're to occupied with their discussion I guess Stark Raving Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-05-2011, 11:57 AM

(24-05-2011 10:54 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Lolz...
They're to occupied with their discussion I guess Stark Raving Big Grin

[Image: Liar+Liar.jpg]

Shame on you! DodgyTongue
27-05-2011, 08:02 AM
When I voted I went with the assumption that observer was telling the truth. I was reading it as children dieing from cancer vs the 20% that observer eats.

I was thinking along the lines of cancer is kind of random so I guess that is better? though it's tied up 50/50. Maybe I should change my username. Blush

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss