A thoughtful reflection on the Trinity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM

A thoughtful reflection on the Trinity
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity!

Who remembers that little gem from Church?

So, GOD..the singular god, is actually 3 persons. Again, there can’t be any other gods before HIM (them?), so 3 are One….got it? Good!

So, God himself…sent God the Holy Ghost to Mary (a virgin) to knock her up in a romantic evening of Rumpy Pumpy for her to give birth to GOD (jesus). Right?

SO…… Jesus is his own father?

Hey Grandpa Jones…cue the band!!!! 2, 3, 4…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga7BBS_zo...re=related

No wonder this Trinity math makes so much sense here in the deep south!!

Yeee Haw!
Dennis
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Denicio's post
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: A thoughtful reflection on the Trinity
[/i]
(01-12-2011 02:07 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity!

Who remembers that little gem from Church?

So, GOD..the singular god, is actually 3 persons. Again, there can’t be any other gods before HIM (them?), so 3 are One….got it? Good!

So, God himself…sent God the Holy Ghost to Mary (a virgin) to knock her up in a romantic evening of Rumpy Pumpy for her to give birth to GOD (jesus). Right?

No wonder this Trinity math makes so much sense here in the deep south!!

Yeee Haw!
Dennis

Geez, it's a freakin' mystery; you're not supposed to understand it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
God works in myserious and mathematically incoherent ways, what can I say?
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
(01-12-2011 02:07 PM)Denicio Wrote:  So, God himself…sent God the Holy Ghost to Mary (a virgin) to knock her up in a romantic evening of Rumpy Pumpy for her to give birth to GOD (jesus). Right?

You'll never find a Christian who thinks it happens this way. But then again, you'll never find a Christian who can explain what makes Jesus "his son". When I ask the question, I get told "it's a metaphor"... I don't think they understand the word "begotten" then.

In fact, I'm kinda wondering what even makes God male. Does He have a dick? If He does, then what exactly is it for? And if He's not blessed with male genitalia, then what exactly makes "Him" a "He"? I don't know a Christian that can answer this, but they all assure me that God is definitely not a "She".

Note: There's another definition of "begotten" that simply means "created"... but that doesn't work because Jesus wouldn't be the "only" begotten son in that instance.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
02-12-2011, 12:07 AM
(01-12-2011 11:19 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 02:07 PM)Denicio Wrote:  So, God himself…sent God the Holy Ghost to Mary (a virgin) to knock her up in a romantic evening of Rumpy Pumpy for her to give birth to GOD (jesus). Right?

You'll never find a Christian who thinks it happens this way. But then again, you'll never find a Christian who can explain what makes Jesus "his son". When I ask the question, I get told "it's a metaphor"... I don't think they understand the word "begotten" then.

In fact, I'm kinda wondering what even makes God male. Does He have a dick? If He does, then what exactly is it for? And if He's not blessed with male genitalia, then what exactly makes "Him" a "He"? I don't know a Christian that can answer this, but they all assure me that God is definitely not a "She".

Note: There's another definition of "begotten" that simply means "created"... but that doesn't work because Jesus wouldn't be the "only" begotten son in that instance.

Of course its not a "she." Have you read the Bible? God hates women. Of course, "he" and "she" are only really all that popular of terms to us simply because evolution has provided us with sexual reproduction, rather than asexual. Otherwise we would have no such words. So in that sense we are completely biased, and have no way of knowing whether God has any sort of gender. However, its clear that God hates reproduction (Adam and Eve, great flood, many other deaths, discrimination of women, etc.) Maybe thats why there is supposedly only one God and he banishes to Hell anyone who believes in any other Gods. Makes sense when you think about it....

[Image: GummiSpider.jpg]
02-12-2011, 03:24 AM
A wise man once told me: "If you can accept the concept of the holy trinity, you're just gullibe. But if you actually manage to understand the concept of the holy trinity, there is something seriously fucked up with your logic."

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
02-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Is it more likely that an invisible God impregnated a virgin or that a teenage girl got pregnant out of wedlock and instead of being stoned to death made it up ?

I can hear Mary and Joseph: "Holy shit, they bought it"
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
02-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Here's an old doodle:

[Image: trinity.jpg]

"Trinity" became doctrine as a function of agenda, and it "works" because the trine is the beginning of structure. From my experience, Christians I have encountered are straight blasphemers - Jesus only - and only ask questions to hear themselves talk.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Because God is infinite and we are finite there are many things about him that are completely beyond human comprehension. The Trinity is one of them. It is totally unlike anything we can observe or experience. I firmly believe in the Trinity but I don't understand it or expect to ever understand it during this life. I am certain that when I leave this life and the limitations imposed by my mortal body I will be able to understand it a lot better than I do now.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
It's pretty simple, actually. All you have to do is look at a shamrock. Wink

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post