A thoughtful reflection on the Trinity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 05:01 PM
RE: A thoughtful reflection on the Trinity
It's perfectly simple, just watch this, it explains everything.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
(04-12-2011 04:19 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Because God is infinite and we are finite there are many things about him that are completely beyond human comprehension. The Trinity is one of them. It is totally unlike anything we can observe or experience. I firmly believe in the Trinity but I don't understand it or expect to ever understand it during this life. I am certain that when I leave this life and the limitations imposed by my mortal body I will be able to understand it a lot better than I do now.

You've been quiet for a while. Good to see you're still kicking here. Wink

And from what you say, an enhancement to my previous consideration. The trine may be the only way to bring an infinite being into mortal focus.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2011, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 06:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-12-2011 04:19 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Because God is infinite and we are finite ...

Whoa, stop right there, son. Until you've devoted some serious intellectual energy into understanding and appreciating that distinction, I'm not interested in your subsequent conclusions. I doubt that you've ever even seen the void let alone camped out on its edge like HoC. Until you have, you're just reciting platitudes.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
(04-12-2011 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 04:19 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Because God is infinite and we are finite ...

Whoa, stop right there, son. Until you've devoted some serious intellectual energy into understanding and appreciating that distinction, I'm not interested in your subsequent conclusions. I doubt that you've ever even seen the void let alone camped out on its edge like HoC. Until you have, you're just reciting platitudes.

Sounds like George Carlin pbuh was correct; this is a non-prophet organization. As far as I'm concerned, "journeyman prophet" is meaningless self-entitlement until we get some science outta the deal. Rather than a televangelist ministry, this JC is working with a verified hypothesis; one which originally came from science.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
05-12-2011, 08:42 AM

(04-12-2011 04:19 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Because God is infinite and we are finite there are many things about him that are completely beyond human comprehension. The Trinity is one of them. It is totally unlike anything we can observe or experience. I firmly believe in the Trinity but I don't understand it or expect to ever understand it during this life. I am certain that when I leave this life and the limitations imposed by my mortal body I will be able to understand it a lot better than I do now.

Wow, what a great argument! Actually this exact same argument works for the FSM and countless other religious made up almost daily.

A willingness to abandon reason and just accept any manner of BS given to you is ......well, you'd call it divine. The rest of us would call it insane. Hold on...i think Robert Tilton is on TV...he's calling for you and your wallet..and your faith in the trinity. As a matter of fact..I KNOW he is!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
07-12-2011, 02:17 AM

Oh hi Theo! You're still lurking around! Please keep commenting. You are an inspiration! You fuel my desire to make sure the next generation of children are not exposed to your bullshit.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
07-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Quite simply, most theist churchs teach the trinity as an article of faith.

If, as you indicate, you believe in an ineffable god why tack on the trinity any more than some Christians think they are literally drinking Christ's blood and eating his body at holy Communion?

Its your call and I suppose you have your reasons.Smile
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM

This is quite fun..this exercize. Thanks to ole Theo we can all play along now.

Because ____ is infinite and we are finite there are many things about ___ that are completely beyond human comprehension. The _____ is one of them. It is totally unlike anything we can observe or experience. I firmly believe in the _____ but I don't understand it or expect to ever understand it during this life. I am certain that when I leave this life and the limitations imposed by my mortal body I will be able to understand it a lot better than I do now.

Because i am a BOOB man, i choose to insert the fantastic word "Nipple".

So read it out loud with me with the word NIPPLE in the blanks. Might have to add the letter "a" in there too to make it make sense...if it can possibly make any sense.

Another good word to use is what i am having for dinner in a few. PIZZA!! This fun game of believe without a clue and willingness to not make sense of anything can be fun for the whole family!!!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
07-12-2011, 04:03 PM
You know... I sat and thought for a long time about how to explain the Trinity. I was trying and trying to form a coherent, clear, and accurate interpretation of what I understand, but it's actually pretty difficult to put into words.

I'm not even sure if this is going to make any sense, but here goes...

So, lucid dreaming. If you've never had a lucid dream then you will probably be even more lost at the end of this. Anyway, you know when you're having a lucid dream you KNOW that you're dreaming and you're aware that you're asleep in your bed. However, the weird part is you know that you're also in a dream.

You know that you're separate from your dream self but you're also your dream self in your dream. You know that your actions from your real self are separate from your dream self, but your dream self's actions are directly influenced by your real self.

You are self aware of both beings and you are in complete control of both beings; however, the dream self acts separate and on its own from the real self; yet you are in control of its actions even though it is self sufficient.

Lucid dreaming is one of the coolest experiences ever, and that "feeling" you have about your real self and your dream self is the only coherent explanation for the Trinity I can come up with.

Yeah... probably just lost of bunch of you... meh, sorry about that if I did.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 04:14 PM by Organon.)
I think I can help everyone with this:

"The Simple Answer

The explanation of the Trinity is so simple that most people miss it.

If God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit were the same, they would not have different names.
If they were the same, they would not appear separately as they do in Matthew 3:16,17.
In spite of being different, they are “one.” (John 10:30)

So we understand that the three “members” of the Trinity are different, but have the same purpose (and they are all God)."

Big Grin There, aren't you all so much wiser now? Christian nonsense is very hard to beat.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll