A thread for people to call me a "woo".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2017, 01:39 PM
A thread for people to call me a "woo".
(Split thread) I thought I would start this thread for people who only come here to call me a "woo". It's also permissible to post comments here such as "no, you are" and "no, you aren't" and "what you say is bogus".

I felt it was a good idea to have a thread just for this purpose, because it will save a lot of time. Since there is a large contingent of people who simply want to post comments like this, no matter what I say, and without making any meaningful contribution to the discussion, I felt that we could all save time. I don't have to post anything, because everything I post, to them is bogus and "wooful" so they can just post insults here without having to bother reading what I say.

I, on the other hand, won't have to post anything, which will save me a lot of time, since I have found that taking time to explain things carefully so that even a moron can understand makes no difference to these people.

So, off you go.

Wooo..wooo...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: A thread for people to call me a "woo".
Maybe 'The Self Pity Thread' would have been a better title here.

I've just recently grown rudimentary legs and made the move from water to land.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
04-11-2017, 01:46 PM
tl;dr Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
04-11-2017, 01:47 PM
(04-11-2017 01:39 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  (Split thread) I thought I would start this thread for people who only come here to call me a "woo". It's also permissible to post comments here such as "no, you are" and "no, you aren't" and "what you say is bogus".

I felt it was a good idea to have a thread just for this purpose, because it will save a lot of time. Since there is a large contingent of people who simply want to post comments like this, no matter what I say, and without making any meaningful contribution to the discussion, I felt that we could all save time. I don't have to post anything, because everything I post, to them is bogus and "wooful" so they can just post insults here without having to bother reading what I say.

I, on the other hand, won't have to post anything, which will save me a lot of time, since I have found that taking time to explain things carefully so that even a moron can understand makes no difference to these people.

So, off you go.

Wooo..wooo...

Hey, could you add an avatar and/or maybe some bio information? I know I see your username on here, but I don't think you post often enough for me to know your personality off hand or know that you're into woo.

A little context would be good.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Woo is a term for pseudo-scientific explanations that share certain common characteristics, often being too good to be true—aside from being unscientific. The term is common among skeptical writers. Woo is understood specifically as dressing itself in the trappings of science—but not the substance—while involving unscientific concepts, such as anecdotal evidence and sciencey-sounding words. Woo is usually not the description of an effect but of the explanation as to why the effect occurs.

Woo is used to blind or distract an audience from a real explanation or to discourage people from delving deeper into the subject to find a more realistic explanation.
You can't make money if nobody buys your bullshit. Big Grin

The term comes from "woo-woo", an epithet used in the 1990s by science and skeptical writers to ridicule people who believe or promote such things. This is in turn believed to have come from the onomatopoeia "woooooo!" as a reaction to dimmed lights or magic tricks. The term implies a lack of either intelligence or sincerity on the part of the person or concepts so described.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-11-2017, 01:58 PM
??????????????????????

I just clicked on rep points out of curiosity. I see you've had no negative points this entire calendar year. I clicked on find all posts and see that the last time you posted before the several postings today was February 11th.

I'm puzzled.

I always read whatever you write, assuming it's thread title is one I have enough interest in to click on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't read every thread. Not every subject on earth holds any interest for me.

Apparently I don't understand the online(?) meaning of "woo." This is what I found.

woo
wo͞o/Submit
verb
try to gain the love of (someone, typically a woman), especially with a view to marriage

So I'm confused as to what the problem is. I agree with Aliza----some specific context would be helpful.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
04-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Okay, so SYZ was posting the explanation/definition of woo while I was typing my last post. That helps. But I'm just not inclined to go backwards solely for the purpose of trying to find out who accused this OP of woo. Still need some context.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Woo-hoo! Banana_zorro

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Word were spoken, and then you got burnt. So there it is there.

Who gives a fuck? You keep stepping back into the ring, swinging. That's what matters.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Wooo..wooo...