A thread for people to call me a "woo".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: A thread for people to call me a "woo".
Woo or Wu?

[Image: Mr-Wu-deadwood-12371184-506-316.jpg]

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Delta B is a dickhead. What I don't get is why he occasionally says stuff that makes sense. Before going right back to being a psuedo-scientific twat.

Stop being such a knob, you drip. If you want to post about science, LEARN ABOUT IT FIRST. That's literally all it takes and you, you lazy fucking troll, refuse to do it.

So have a fucking pity party you dismal wanker.

God you're a cunt. Dodgy

You could *so easily* be a human being who makes decent contributions to conversation. You're clearly not completely as dense as the centre of a neutron star. You have sufficient braincells to type. For FUCK'S sake, use your addled brain to LEARN something instead of pissing away your limited talent on conspiracy theories.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-11-2017, 02:41 PM
(04-11-2017 01:57 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The term comes from "woo-woo", an epithet used in the 1990s by science and skeptical writers to ridicule people who believe or promote such things. This is in turn believed to have come from the onomatopoeia "woooooo!" as a reaction to dimmed lights or magic tricks. The term implies a lack of either intelligence or sincerity on the part of the person or concepts so described.

Actually, I think the term harkens back to a popular sound effect used in horror, supernatural, and scifi movies, going at least as far back as the 50s, and maybe earlier.

Whenever something strange happened, or the spooky thing du jour was about to appear, the sound track would feature a Theremin, or similar sounding effect, going woooOOOOOoooo . . .

Tongue

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
06-11-2017, 03:41 PM
(06-11-2017 01:56 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Woo or Wu?

[Image: Mr-Wu-deadwood-12371184-506-316.jpg]

Wu learned his first word of English at The Gem.

He thinks "Cocksucka" is English for "Mister".

Smile

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
06-11-2017, 03:47 PM
(06-11-2017 02:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 01:57 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The term comes from "woo-woo", an epithet used in the 1990s by science and skeptical writers to ridicule people who believe or promote such things. This is in turn believed to have come from the onomatopoeia "woooooo!" as a reaction to dimmed lights or magic tricks. The term implies a lack of either intelligence or sincerity on the part of the person or concepts so described.

Actually, I think the term harkens back to a popular sound effect used in horror, supernatural, and scifi movies, going at least as far back as the 50s, and maybe earlier.

Whenever something strange happened, or the spooky thing du jour was about to appear, the sound track would feature a Theremin, or similar sounding effect, going woooOOOOOoooo . . .

Tongue

↑^^^^^^

Best theory yet!

Big Grin

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
06-11-2017, 04:15 PM
No Ric Flair reference? I am disappointed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Delta. Delts. The Deltaman. Big D. DELTARINO

Seriously, I think you're getting a bit up tight here about some of this. I image this spews from the "Pyramid woo woo" thread you posted, where the main point of 99% of all comments there were simply saying "Da fuq are you talking about?".

Like if you are into conspiracy it's fine. If you're not, it's also fine, but instead of simply saying:

Delta Wrote:Have you seen this topic? It offers an alternate view on something, but is not for me personally. What do you think?

or
Delta Wrote:Have you seen this topic? It offers an alternate view on something, and I personally agree with it for THESE reasons. What do you think?

you often say:

Delta Wrote:Have you seen this topic?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Aliens BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Jesus in a rain coat BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Nuclear reactors BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH really old, so can't be man's doing BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Poured from concrete BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Christianity BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Monkey legs BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ....which is very important dont you think?

With little to not context about ANYTHING you think you're saying. I asked you like 3 times to say if you agree or disagree with ANYTHING you posted in that thread, and all I got back was: "Ok, well in the first instance of blah blah, blah blah blah...." which is followed by an essay of total shite.

It nothing personal, we're just pointing out what you're doing. You don't offer personal opinions, whilst backing that up with any evidence, you just post an essay on something mildly related to the subject without context, and then except us to understand what the fucking hell you're talking about.

One or two have just written you off as bullshit, which I probably should as well, but I'm literally asking you "what is your personal opionion* ?" and not getting a straight forward answer.

* = ...In a hundread words or less.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-11-2017, 05:37 AM
"You can tell a lot about a person's character by how they act when you set them on fire."

Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2017, 06:30 AM
I read the whole thread & wanted to say something but then I got to here and all I got is:

What a silly thread. Confused

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
07-11-2017, 06:37 AM
(07-11-2017 06:30 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I read the whole thread & wanted to say something but then I got to here and all I got is:

What a silly thread. Confused
I you got into the "history" section, he posted a thread on Pyramids which was filled with various theories/ideas that made us all think he's a fruit cake. Half way through it's discovered: A) he doesn't really subscribe to any of these ideas B) will defend them anyway and C) just posts very large word salads that are either totally baseless or again not really saying anything.

That caused him to post this.....because in his world we're all making fun of him, when for the best part we're not, we're just wondering what the bloody hell he's talking about.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post