A thread that only allows teens in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: A thread that only allows teens in.
(08-04-2014 05:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:20 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Seriously though. If an adult comes into that section with an opinion you could do what I did as a teen (that i was quite good at) and ignore them. *shrug*

Just cause some old fart comes barging in with tales of "when I was your age" doesnt mean you have to acknowledge it.

If you know I am going to ignore it then what is the point of posting?

We don't know of you'll ignore it tho, and you might find it useful. Like your thread wanting to know why adults have a "holier an thou" kind of attitude. Seemed like something you'd want to get an adults opinion on since we'd likely know more about that than other teens... But, I was wrong Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
(08-04-2014 05:24 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If you know I am going to ignore it then what is the point of posting?

We don't know of you'll ignore it tho, and you might find it useful. Like your thread wanting to know why adults have a "holier an thou" kind of attitude. Seemed like something you'd want to get an adults opinion on since we'd likely know more about that than other teens... But, I was wrong Tongue

I was really asking other teens if they know why, never expected adults to care.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
If you did decide to make a private Teen section I'd certainly go with Ato and FT to mod. They've been here a long time, have their heads on straight and the trust is already there.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
(08-04-2014 05:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also, would like to add one thing about what Rev said about the FT having little to gain, and it being too much work, and that the FT will be monitoring the section more closely with the restriction.

My thoughts:

Mod-overwatch: Make two (definitely not one though, you need more than one eye in charge.) teens THAT YOU TRUST be mods of that section, and have them over-see the goings on in it. That eliminates the load that the official mods need to do regarding keeping a watch, and implementing such a feature isn't that difficult (considering that people are easily able to be added and removed as mods in the Mafia section.) Now, the teens would HAVE to be trustworthy for you to even attempt this, but it does assure security, whilst having a managing force in there enforcing the rules.

Screening: This can be handled by the two teens themselves. I have a few ideas as to how it might be possible, but they do have flaws in and of themselves. I'll see if I can come up with something a little more concrete there.

Essentially, let two teens run the section according to the rules that the forum has established. Their main job is to oversee that the rules are being kept. And f they aren't they can PM one of the official FT to step in. That way, adults don't have to get involved unless absolutely necessary.

Again, just a few thoughts.

I have a couple reasons why that would not fly but don't want to open that can of worms here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
(08-04-2014 05:26 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you did decide to make a private Teen section I'd certainly go with Ato and FT to mod. They've been here a long time, have their heads on straight and the trust is already there.

Agreed. Yes

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
(08-04-2014 05:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you block the teen section. How will I get my chance to practice scolding young adults?! FT and Ato never let me do that anymore *pout*
Anytime you are wanting to practice scolding, I am more than happy to help. For the child's sake.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
08-04-2014, 05:28 PM
(08-04-2014 05:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you block the teen section. How will I get my chance to practice scolding young adults?! FT and Ato never let me do that anymore *pout*
Anytime you are wanting to practice scolding, I am more than happy to help. For the child's sake.

Ato I'm expecting to get to practice scolding you in person. So you better not let me down!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM
(08-04-2014 05:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also, would like to add one thing about what Rev said about the FT having little to gain, and it being too much work, and that the FT will be monitoring the section more closely with the restriction.

My thoughts:

Mod-overwatch: Make two (definitely not one though, you need more than one eye in charge.) teens THAT YOU TRUST be mods of that section, and have them over-see the goings on in it. That eliminates the load that the official mods need to do regarding keeping a watch, and implementing such a feature isn't that difficult (considering that people are easily able to be added and removed as mods in the Mafia section.) Now, the teens would HAVE to be trustworthy for you to even attempt this, but it does assure security, whilst having a managing force in there enforcing the rules.

Screening: This can be handled by the two teens themselves. I have a few ideas as to how it might be possible, but they do have flaws in and of themselves. I'll see if I can come up with something a little more concrete there.

Essentially, let two teens run the section according to the rules that the forum has established. Their main job is to oversee that the rules are being kept. And f they aren't they can PM one of the official FT to step in. That way, adults don't have to get involved unless absolutely necessary.

Again, just a few thoughts.
I have a couple reasons why that would not fly but don't want to open that can of worms here.
If you could PM me the concerns, I would be more than happy to address them, or edit my stance/ideas to see if there is a solution we can reach.

Its no secret that I am defensive of the teen section (partly because I view it as my one contribution to the forum, and its admittedly not a good one), but it breaks my heart knowing that there might be some teens that are discouraged to post in there because adults keep posting in it regardless. It currently is not living up the what I had wanted it to be, which was a section to help teens with problems that they only feel comfortable with other teens.

08-04-2014, 05:34 PM
(08-04-2014 05:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Anytime you are wanting to practice scolding, I am more than happy to help. For the child's sake.

Ato I'm expecting to get to practice scolding you in person. So you better not let me down!
I am hoping for it too!

The summer after next, I am probably visiting California. This Summer, I might tag along with my friend to visit MIT.

08-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(08-04-2014 05:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Ato I'm expecting to get to practice scolding you in person. So you better not let me down!
I am hoping for it too!

The summer after next, I am probably visiting California. This Summer, I might tag along with my friend to visit MIT.

I am also in Cali. Next to the beach Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon