A thread that only allows teens in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: A thread that only allows teens in.
(08-04-2014 04:07 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I like to hang out in the teen section. It has pretty colors. I don't bother anyone or even read the posts usually, but I like the theme.

Thanks, but I feel that adults should just let teens be teens. In fact just ask for a pretty background for your adult section losty. Then you don't need the teen section.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
08-04-2014, 04:09 PM
(08-04-2014 04:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And how exactly will an age restriction kill of the teen section? Do adults start threads in there?

I am not saying that the teen section is being used frequently, but I doubt that it would die.

I just meant it was not very utilised now and if you restrict it there will not be much incentive for new people to join. Plus as opposed to an adult section where it is expected people would have a picture ID most teens do not. So how would you do the age restriction? BTW I am neither for nor against this right now I am just asking questions.

I am neither for or against. I am just sharing my two cents.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Okay NOW I haz been to the teen section. I high-tailed it outta there quick. All the primary colors. Hobo Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
08-04-2014, 04:11 PM
(08-04-2014 04:05 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  If push comes to shove, all you could do is promote Free Thought to be a mod in that section and report any problems in that section to the actual mods.

All of this is possible, but I still don't think it's necessary.

I personally thought you would be smart enough to do it.

I would be more than happy to do it, but I thought Free Thought would make a better choice, seeing as I am barely online anymore.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-04-2014, 04:11 PM
(08-04-2014 04:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And how exactly will an age restriction kill of the teen section? Do adults start threads in there?

I am not saying that the teen section is being used frequently, but I doubt that it would die.

I just meant it was not very utilised now and if you restrict it there will not be much incentive for new people to join. Plus as opposed to an adult section where it is expected people would have a picture ID most teens do not. So how would you do the age restriction? BTW I am neither for nor against this right now I am just asking questions.

I know about the identification problem, it is one of the ones I mentioned when I started. I thought if they are allowed in the SBT they can't enter but people like free thought are 18, meaning he can enter the SBT and the teen thread. So I am looking for a way to show how to tell if they are a teen or an adult.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 04:12 PM
(08-04-2014 04:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I think we will be fine. Again with mods still watching we can indeed keep out of trouble. Besides who wants to get banned from such a fun website forumTongue

If push comes to shove, all you could do is promote Free Thought to be a mod in that section and report any problems in that section to the actual mods.

All of this is possible, but I still don't think it's necessary.

Let's not get hasty here....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-04-2014, 04:14 PM
(08-04-2014 04:09 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:07 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I like to hang out in the teen section. It has pretty colors. I don't bother anyone or even read the posts usually, but I like the theme.

Thanks, but I feel that adults should just let teens be teens. In fact just ask for a pretty background for your adult section losty. Then you don't need the teen section.

I don't utilize the teens section for anything besides prettiness, and only because MUFFSY and RYAN won't give me spring Weeping

So what I'm trying to say is I don't need that section. You can lock me out.

The only thing that I think might cause an issue is that if you lock out all the adults you'd have to have a babysitter which sucks but is still true. And I am NOT volunteering for that job but there's probably someone who doesn't mind doing it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-04-2014, 04:16 PM
(08-04-2014 04:14 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:09 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Thanks, but I feel that adults should just let teens be teens. In fact just ask for a pretty background for your adult section losty. Then you don't need the teen section.

I don't utilize the teens section for anything besides prettiness, and only because MUFFSY and RYAN won't give me spring Weeping

The only thing that I think might cause an issue is that if you lock out all the adults you'd have to have a babysitter which sucks but is still true. And I am NOT volunteering for that job but there's probably someone who doesn't mind doing it.

Ya, I was thinking that Free or A 2 the theist can do it. I could do it as well but I would need to learn how to be a mod. Tongue

08-04-2014, 04:18 PM
(08-04-2014 04:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:14 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't utilize the teens section for anything besides prettiness, and only because MUFFSY and RYAN won't give me spring Weeping

Ya, I was thinking that Free or A 2 the theist can do it. I could do it as well but I would need to learn how to be a mod. Tongue

Well I honestly popped in to be nosy. I don't have any reason to have a say in this. Present your case and get your fellow teens on board, good luck Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-04-2014, 04:19 PM
(08-04-2014 04:18 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya, I was thinking that Free or A 2 the theist can do it. I could do it as well but I would need to learn how to be a mod. Tongue

Well I honestly popped in to be nosy. I don't have any reason to have a say in this. Present your case and get your fellow teens on board, good luck Smile

Thanks, glad to see that you want me to have my own thread.