A thread that only allows teens in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 04:24 PM
RE: A thread that only allows teens in.
(08-04-2014 03:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  TTA Teens
A forum for the teens of TTA. Teens, feel free to post your questions, ideas, and any other wacky weirdness you may possess. Old farts, enter at your own risk. Please don't feed the animals.
Threads:40 Posts:1,275

For comparison

Sports
Title says it all. Here's where you can discuss all sports related topics.
Threads:114 Posts:1,862

I think he makes a fair point.

And how exactly will an age restriction kill of the teen section? Do adults start threads in there?

I am not saying that the teen section is being used frequently, but I doubt that it would die.

510 posts made by non-teens in the teen section. Thats roughly 25-30% of total posts there.
Now if you restrict this,you will have less posters.
Restrict it even and some teens would post less than usual(methinks).
It won't die out. I'm wrong about that. It will be used less

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 04:26 PM
They made facebook for this shit. Just post in the damn teen section. We don't need to be sectioning everything by age, this is too much.

...I'm 19 by the way.

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 04:27 PM
(08-04-2014 04:24 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And how exactly will an age restriction kill of the teen section? Do adults start threads in there?

I am not saying that the teen section is being used frequently, but I doubt that it would die.

510 posts made by non-teens in the teen section. Thats roughly 25-30% of total posts there.

Well maybe it will be used more. Think about it. If you could play xbox in a room full of teens in which you can goof around all you want with no worries, vs a room with mostly adults in which said teen is restricted(and if you are me I can't play gears if adults find it too violent.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 04:28 PM
If we had a restriction,i would like hughsie or FT to be a mod there.
I'm not really against it,i just don't see the use for it

08-04-2014, 04:28 PM
(08-04-2014 04:26 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  They made facebook for this shit. Just post in the damn teen section. We don't need to be sectioning everything by age, this is too much.

...I'm 19 by the way.

What if you don't like facebook. I don't have one. I don't like twitter or instagram either. The reason I want this is so that if I want to talk about a problem or a subject I only want other teens to see, than I don't want an adult to join and give me advice that might only work once you become a adult.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 04:29 PM
(08-04-2014 04:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:24 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  510 posts made by non-teens in the teen section. Thats roughly 25-30% of total posts there.

Well maybe it will be used more. Think about it. If you could play xbox in a room full of teens in which you can goof around all you want with no worries, vs a room with mostly adults in which said teen is restricted(and if you are me I can't play gears if adults find it too violent.)

i have never felt a restriction there. But then again,i visited it barely

08-04-2014, 04:29 PM
(08-04-2014 04:28 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  If we had a restriction,i would like hughsie or FT to be a mod there.
I'm not really against it,i just don't see the use for it

The use, to make it a place where teens can be teens while not breaking the forum rules and having adults not ruining the fun that only teens can have with other teens.

08-04-2014, 04:31 PM
(08-04-2014 04:29 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well maybe it will be used more. Think about it. If you could play xbox in a room full of teens in which you can goof around all you want with no worries, vs a room with mostly adults in which said teen is restricted(and if you are me I can't play gears if adults find it too violent.)

i have never felt a restriction there. But then again,i visited it barely

Well if we use it more then more adults would jump in. We just need to find a good subject. Like a thread about how stupid parents could be.

08-04-2014, 04:37 PM
(08-04-2014 04:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:26 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  They made facebook for this shit. Just post in the damn teen section. We don't need to be sectioning everything by age, this is too much.

...I'm 19 by the way.

What if you don't like facebook. I don't have one. I don't like twitter or instagram either. The reason I want this is so that if I want to talk about a problem or a subject I only want other teens to see, than I don't want an adult to join and give me advice that might only work once you become a adult.

I have a facebook to keep in contact with old friends. That's about it, nothing else.

You don't want adult advice? EASY! Pro tip:
  • Post in the Teen Section
  • Make the first sentence say: "No adult advice wanted"
  • Realize there's only like 10 teens here if that
  • Go back to the Issues and Support Section

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 04:40 PM
(08-04-2014 04:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What if you don't like facebook. I don't have one. I don't like twitter or instagram either. The reason I want this is so that if I want to talk about a problem or a subject I only want other teens to see, than I don't want an adult to join and give me advice that might only work once you become a adult.

I have a facebook to keep in contact with old friends. That's about it, nothing else.

You don't want adult advice? EASY! Pro tip:
  • Post in the Teen Section
  • Make the first sentence say: "No adult advice wanted"
  • Realize there's only like 10 teens here if that
  • Go back to the Issues and Support Section

Well 10 teens can still start a conversation. Also even if I did write no adult advice they can still post, being on the internet what can I do to stop them from posting. Also I would rather have advice from other teens around my age depending on the situation. For example, if I asked for how to survive high school, the adult can give good advice, but high school has changed over the years. So if another teen gave me advice and he is in high school, it will most likely work better.