A thread that only allows teens in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: A thread that only allows teens in.
(08-04-2014 04:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have a facebook to keep in contact with old friends. That's about it, nothing else.

You don't want adult advice? EASY! Pro tip:
  • Post in the Teen Section
  • Make the first sentence say: "No adult advice wanted"
  • Realize there's only like 10 teens here if that
  • Go back to the Issues and Support Section

Well 10 teens can still start a conversation. Also even if I did write no adult advice they can still post, being on the internet what can I do to stop them from posting. Also I would rather have advice from other teens around my age depending on the situation. For example, if I asked for how to survive high school, the adult can give good advice, but high school has changed over the years. So if another teen gave me advice and he is in high school, it will most likely work better.

They can post and you can ignore. I'm still failing to see the issue here. Now you want teens your own age? So we gonna have a 13,14,15,16,17,18, and 19 year old sections?

Come on man, we don't need our own sections. The adults got one so they don't end up being child molesters.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
(08-04-2014 04:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have a facebook to keep in contact with old friends. That's about it, nothing else.

You don't want adult advice? EASY! Pro tip:
  • Post in the Teen Section
  • Make the first sentence say: "No adult advice wanted"
  • Realize there's only like 10 teens here if that
  • Go back to the Issues and Support Section

Well 10 teens can still start a conversation. Also even if I did write no adult advice they can still post, being on the internet what can I do to stop them from posting. Also I would rather have advice from other teens around my age depending on the situation. For example, if I asked for how to survive high school, the adult can give good advice, but high school has changed over the years. So if another teen gave me advice and he is in high school, it will most likely work better.
Also, to add:
The simple fact that adults can even LOOK might be a restriction. Lord knows how many times I've kept a topic to myself because I knew people would view it as a 'Teen" thing, or because its something extremely childish that I wish to only have my peers (as in, age group) view it.

Again, I am neither for or against this. however, if the reason you want a age restriction is because the adults now have one, thats a shit poor argument, bro.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-04-2014, 04:44 PM
(08-04-2014 04:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well 10 teens can still start a conversation. Also even if I did write no adult advice they can still post, being on the internet what can I do to stop them from posting. Also I would rather have advice from other teens around my age depending on the situation. For example, if I asked for how to survive high school, the adult can give good advice, but high school has changed over the years. So if another teen gave me advice and he is in high school, it will most likely work better.

They can post and you can ignore. I'm still failing to see the issue here. Now you want teens your own age? So we gonna have a 13,14,15,16,17,18, and 19 year old sections?

Come on man, we don't need our own sections. The adults got one so they don't end up being child molesters.

Why are you straw-manning his arguments with the whole different age group sections?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-04-2014, 04:44 PM
(08-04-2014 04:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well 10 teens can still start a conversation. Also even if I did write no adult advice they can still post, being on the internet what can I do to stop them from posting. Also I would rather have advice from other teens around my age depending on the situation. For example, if I asked for how to survive high school, the adult can give good advice, but high school has changed over the years. So if another teen gave me advice and he is in high school, it will most likely work better.

First I said around my age, not exactly my age. Also if I need adult advice from adults their is the personal support section.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 04:45 PM
(08-04-2014 04:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
Also, to add:
The simple fact that adults can even LOOK might be a restriction. Lord knows how many times I've kept a topic to myself because I knew people would view it as a 'Teen" thing, or because its something extremely childish that I wish to only have my peers (as in, age group) view it.

Again, I am neither for or against this. however, if the reason you want a age restriction is because the adults now have one, thats a shit poor argument, bro.

^Now this a legit argument. Totally agree with Ato here.

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 04:46 PM
(08-04-2014 04:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
Also, to add:

Nope, I have been bothered by adults when I want to talk teen only stuff. In fact I was in support of the adult section even before I thought of this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 04:46 PM
(08-04-2014 04:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  They can post and you can ignore. I'm still failing to see the issue here. Now you want teens your own age? So we gonna have a 13,14,15,16,17,18, and 19 year old sections?

First I said around my age, not exactly my age. Also if I need adult advice from adults their is the personal support section.

So 13-15, 16-19? Still... the teen section is fine. Take Ato's advice.

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
(08-04-2014 04:46 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also, to add:

Nope, I have been bothered by adults when I want to talk teen only stuff. In fact I was in support of the adult section even before I thought of this.

I was against the adult section until the end. Convince me.
Where have you been bothered by adults?

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
(08-04-2014 04:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  First I said around my age, not exactly my age. Also if I need adult advice from adults their is the personal support section.

So 13-15, 16-19? Still... the teen section is fine. Take Ato's advice.

That is in fact the argument I was trying to make before, but ATO did it so much better so yes I will use that argument.

08-04-2014, 04:49 PM
(08-04-2014 04:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 04:46 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nope, I have been bothered by adults when I want to talk teen only stuff. In fact I was in support of the adult section even before I thought of this.

I was against the adult section until the end. Convince me.
Where have you been bothered by adults?

I see it sometimes as adults cramping my style, but my real argument is from real life. Now Ryan please hear me out on this one. In real life I have adults hear my conversation with my friends and ruin it. Some times adults just ruin the fun. No different than a teen can ruin a adults fun.