A thread that only allows teens in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: A thread that only allows teens in.
If you block the teen section. How will I get my chance to practice scolding young adults?! FT and Ato never let me do that anymore *pout*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-04-2014, 05:17 PM
(08-04-2014 05:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you block the teen section. How will I get my chance to practice scolding young adults?! FT and Ato never let me do that anymore *pout*

If you have kids do that to them. My mom does.Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
(08-04-2014 05:17 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If you block the teen section. How will I get my chance to practice scolding young adults?! FT and Ato never let me do that anymore *pout*

If you have kids do that to them. My mom does.Dodgy

Dont have any kids. Now what?! Tongue
08-04-2014, 05:19 PM
(08-04-2014 05:18 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 05:17 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If you have kids do that to them. My mom does.Dodgy

Dont have any kids. Now what?! Tongue

I don't know, do it when we post in the casual coffee house.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Seriously though. If an adult comes into that section with an opinion you could do what I did as a teen (that i was quite good at) and ignore them. *shrug*

Just cause some old fart comes barging in with tales of "when I was your age" doesnt mean you have to acknowledge it.
08-04-2014, 05:21 PM
(08-04-2014 05:20 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Seriously though. If an adult comes into that section with an opinion you could do what I did as a teen (that i was quite good at) and ignore them. *shrug*

Just cause some old fart comes barging in with tales of "when I was your age" doesnt mean you have to acknowledge it.

If you know I am going to ignore it then what is the point of posting?

08-04-2014, 05:22 PM
(08-04-2014 05:20 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Seriously though. If an adult comes into that section with an opinion you could do what I did as a teen (that i was quite good at) and ignore them. *shrug*

Consider yourself ignored Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
As a non-mind reader I wouldnt know.

I try to never make the assumption of knowing what people think.

Ive probably posted in the teen thread once, but if I did it would probably be out of genuine concern and care. I would just expect the person to take it or leave it.

*edit* I was kidding about the scolding, in case you didnt catch that.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
(08-04-2014 05:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

If you know I am going to ignore it then what is the point of posting?

Cause they're trying to help. They're not your parents, so they're not going to scold you.

Listen to Ato, he makes some good points.

Atir aissom atir imon
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Also, would like to add one thing about what Rev said about the FT having little to gain, and it being too much work, and that the FT will be monitoring the section more closely with the restriction.

My thoughts:

Mod-overwatch: Make two (definitely not one though, you need more than one eye in charge.) teens THAT YOU TRUST be mods of that section, and have them over-see the goings on in it. That eliminates the load that the official mods need to do regarding keeping a watch, and implementing such a feature isn't that difficult (considering that people are easily able to be added and removed as mods in the Mafia section.) Now, the teens would HAVE to be trustworthy for you to even attempt this, but it does assure security, whilst having a managing force in there enforcing the rules.

Screening: This can be handled by the two teens themselves. I have a few ideas as to how it might be possible, but they do have flaws in and of themselves. I'll see if I can come up with something a little more concrete there.

Essentially, let two teens run the section according to the rules that the forum has established. Their main job is to oversee that the rules are being kept. And f they aren't they can PM one of the official FT to step in. That way, adults don't have to get involved unless absolutely necessary.

Again, just a few thoughts.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post