A threat to atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: A threat to atheism
(17-04-2012 10:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, you think the religious should behave better. But you don't believe in God.

No, the religious believe they should behave better. Me, I'm good to go. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Dom wrote: "No, the religious believe that they are and behave better. But they don't."

This is one of my primary problems with quote-unquote religious people: that aggrivating belief that people who don't believe in God (or in /their/ god) are less than them somehow. It makes me madder than I like to admit sometimes. How do you deal with the holier-than-thou crowd?

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
18-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Religious don't say it's God, they say it's humans. They say that God is all good, so therefore it must be humans. They're playing it safe so when they go to Heaven, they can say they've never said anything negative about God. It's crazy and idiotic.

I think all of this bad stuff that's happening in the world isn't primarily religion (although it does play a fair part) since people are not so attached to their beliefs.