A tribute to Seamus Heaney

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 08:19 AM
A tribute to Seamus Heaney
Seamus Heaney was without any question one of the greatest poets of our time. The nobel laureate for literature died this year in his home Ireland. I first came to notice him at the age of 19-20. For most of my teens I have read exclusively scientific literature and didnt spend any time with fiction. When I started to get a greater interest for fiction and wanted to read some English literature I was advised to read some Irish literature by a friend, who guaranteed to me that the Irish were without any doubt the best writers, poets and playwrites of the 20th century.
I started reaing James Joyce`s Ulysses back then and was gripped.

When turning 20, I wanted to start reading poetry and started doing so by buying some of the works of Seamus Heaney. The amazing way in which he expressed phases of his life and the feel of the Irish country in his poetry is breathtaking and doesnt let go of you.

The New York Time recently uploaded this tribute to their channel, and I wanted to share it with you:

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply