A very important article

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 03:00 PM
RE: A very important article
We already have fundamentalists who infiltrate churches and go overboard. We've not had a large amount of death but we have a very strong fundamental movement that tries to force atheism on everyone. While it's much smaller than it's opposing group it still exists. The thing that plenty of Atheists cling to is that we've never truly been united in such a front. But just as Al Qaeda is a group with a mission so are some of the extremist atheist groups.

It's been said that book burning is possibly the worst crime you can commit. As you not only destroy the populace you are against, but you wipe out all records of their lives. We have plenty of members who would love to start a huge bonfire and wipe out around half of the literary works in existence. It's not exactly genocide, but historicide is a much more practiced abomination.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
25-12-2011, 03:24 PM
(24-12-2011 06:02 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Great article, agree with all 4 points. People really just need to be more respectful towards each other and we'll all be happier.
Such articles only claim that the religions should get undeserved unquestionable respect.
Religion deserve no respect at all.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
25-12-2011, 04:06 PM
(25-12-2011 02:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 01:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  #1 is wrong. No one has ever committed genocide or any other atrocity in the name of atheism.

Are we allowed to suggest possible examples where atheism possibly accompanied such acts?

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-12-2011, 04:08 PM
(25-12-2011 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 02:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 01:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  #1 is wrong. No one has ever committed genocide or any other atrocity in the name of atheism.

Are we allowed to suggest possible examples where atheism possibly accompanied such acts?

No.

I wish that you had answered before Lilith. Could have saved myself from expending brain power.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-12-2011, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 04:10 PM by Chas.)
(25-12-2011 02:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 02:32 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Go right ahead Erxomai, feel free to discuss an article the list of 10 is on topic enough. There's just a lot of people on this forum who go up in arms at the mention of Stalin.

Stalin is a tired subject for atheists. He killed from paranoia and to spread Communism. Some people would call Communist a religious-like worldview. And worldview is really what it would come down to in attempting to understand how genocide could occur. No one I know of has ever raised the Flag of Atheism on a physical battleground, but can we say there has never been an Atheist who has commanded mass murder for his own designs?

(Flag raising does happens now on the internet in the age of Militant Atheists...sidebar, how much longer will it be until our movement develops Ultra Neo Con Fundy Terrorists who bomb churches and burn Bibles?

So, no I don't have a name of an army that has raised the banner of atheism. But I can't help but wonder how that world view might play out in the mind of someone who is already demented in some other ways of thinking. Not all atheists are the same. I assume for Chas, it goes into a very humanistic way of thinking. But there's no requirement that an atheist also be a humanist. Get a psychopath thinking there is no God but himself, and see how the world looks when he's through. Therefore, it would not surprise me to find that many atrocitizers (<-see what I did there?) did/do not believe in God so their megamaniacal charismas raise up a group scary people to kill off a bunch of other quite nice folk.

These are just ponderings with no specifics that were set off by the phrase, "No one has ever..."

No atheist has ever raised the banner of atheism to perpetrate evil.

What does that banner look like?
(25-12-2011 03:00 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  We already have fundamentalists who infiltrate churches and go overboard. We've not had a large amount of death but we have a very strong fundamental movement that tries to force atheism on everyone. While it's much smaller than it's opposing group it still exists. The thing that plenty of Atheists cling to is that we've never truly been united in such a front. But just as Al Qaeda is a group with a mission so are some of the extremist atheist groups.

It's been said that book burning is possibly the worst crime you can commit. As you not only destroy the populace you are against, but you wipe out all records of their lives. We have plenty of members who would love to start a huge bonfire and wipe out around half of the literary works in existence. It's not exactly genocide, but historicide is a much more practiced abomination.

Could you cite some evidence for any of this?

25-12-2011, 04:14 PM
(25-12-2011 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  No atheist has ever raised the banner of atheism to perpetrate evil.

Can't believe you gave me such a low, hanging curve. I guess because it's PresentsDay.

[Image: avatar_14210.jpg?dateline=1321361636]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-12-2011, 04:25 PM
(25-12-2011 04:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  No atheist has ever raised the banner of atheism to perpetrate evil.

Can't believe you gave me such a low, hanging curve. I guess because it's PresentsDay.

Take the swing.

25-12-2011, 04:31 PM
(25-12-2011 04:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Take the swing.

That was it. You asked what the banner would look like.
This is the face of evil.

Big Grin

~Izel
25-12-2011, 04:33 PM
(25-12-2011 04:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Take the swing.

Big Grin

Oh, I didn't recognize it. Probably because of my saint-like purity.Cool

25-12-2011, 04:36 PM
(25-12-2011 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 04:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Take the swing.

Big Grin

Oh, I didn't recognize it. Probably because of my saint-like purity.Cool

Or more likely you've been less susceptible to his invitations to worship Hamata as deity.

~Izel