A very odd thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: A very odd thing
(02-09-2016 04:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have no uvula after a surgery for sleep apnea. Went under with them going, "We're taking your tonsils, but probably not your uvula". I was so doped up when I came out of it, it was the better part of half a day before anyone told me and I realized it. Sure they told me before, but apparently I was in so much la-la-land that I was waving to people who weren't there.

I thought you said vulva at first glance. I was confused, to say the least. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-09-2016, 05:11 PM
(02-09-2016 04:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have no uvula after a surgery for sleep apnea. Went under with them going, "We're taking your tonsils, but probably not your uvula". I was so doped up when I came out of it, it was the better part of half a day before anyone told me and I realized it. Sure they told me before, but apparently I was in so much la-la-land that I was waving to people who weren't there.

I thought you said vulva at first glance. I was confused, to say the least. Blush

OMG, I did too. I need better glasses. My eyes, my eyes. Blink

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-09-2016, 05:17 PM
(02-09-2016 01:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have part of a baby tooth that never fell out. I can't remember what the dentist called it but it has a medical name. He said it's very rare and to leave it alone as long as it's not bothering me. I've been going to the same dentist for 16 years and he didn't even know it was there until he recently started using very clear computer images that are connected to the x-ray machine. He seemed to be thrilled to find such a rare dental oddity. I made his day. Woop-de-doo.

You? What physical oddity do you have?

My second bicuspid on the upper right was late to come in. By the time it erupted, the rest of the teeth had largely filled its spot, so it came in behind them - on the edge of the roof of my mouth above the gum line.

It stayed there for years (30+) and was healthy as long as I was careful about dental hygiene.
Eventually, though, it developed a carie, so the dentist pulled it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2016, 05:22 PM
My little fingers are very short. And the middle and ring fingers of both hands bow inward toward each other leaving a gap. Both things are more pronounced on my left hand. It's definitely genetic going at least as far back as my paternal grandmother....then my dad, my siblings, my kids...it's not as noticeable in the grandkids.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
02-09-2016, 05:25 PM
(02-09-2016 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I had these little balls which grew at the tip of my canines. No big deal. Doc just drilled them off. .... oh, and my erect penis is bent to the left. Dunno why.

Does it only happen when you are facing east?

Your military left, Angie. Your military left.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2016, 06:01 PM
(02-09-2016 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I had these little balls which grew at the tip of my canines. No big deal. Doc just drilled them off. .... oh, and my erect penis is bent to the left. Dunno why.

So does Manlygirl have a right bend in her vigina? Or do you have to have sex sideways. No, no, nevermind. Forget I ever asked that question. Unsure

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-09-2016, 06:04 PM
(02-09-2016 04:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I was in so much la-la-land that I was waving to people who weren't there.

Isn't that what you do in church?
Big Grin
First I sighed. Then I laughed. Then I said "I should have expected someone to make this joke." Tongue

(02-09-2016 04:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Well...that would make Catholicism a lot more awkward...

(02-09-2016 05:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I thought you said vulva at first glance. I was confused, to say the least. Blush

OMG, I did too. I need better glasses. My eyes, my eyes. Blink

Wow, two people saw it that way...sorry! The worst part is that I even double checked the spelling before I hit Post Reply so that I didn't do that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
(02-09-2016 06:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Isn't that what you do in church?
Big Grin
First I sighed. Then I laughed. Then I said "I should have expected someone to make this joke." Tongue

(02-09-2016 04:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I thought you said vulva at first glance. I was confused, to say the least. Blush

(02-09-2016 05:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  OMG, I did too. I need better glasses. My eyes, my eyes. Blink

Wow, two people saw it that way...sorry! The worst part is that I even double checked the spelling before I hit Post Reply so that I didn't do that.

I do appreciate how well you take some ribbing around here. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2016, 06:23 PM
(02-09-2016 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 06:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  First I sighed. Then I laughed. Then I said "I should have expected someone to make this joke." Tongue

I do appreciate how well you take some ribbing around here. Thumbsup

Thanks. Easier really than dealing with the Evangelical Youth Minister constantly on my Facebook wall. Wink You all are nice about it, he's hinting at damnation, and if he's right, most of this board and I will spend a very long time with one another.

Other odd thing for the OP...one of my eyebrows is permanently above the other by a slight amount, it's not really noticeable unless you look hard. I never noticed until shortly after my first kiss, it was pointed out.

Edit: Obligatory sandworm reference: I'll take it well only if you all don't plunge your Maker Hooks into my ribbing and try to ride me across the desert to crush the Sardaukar.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-09-2016, 06:42 PM
I am allergic to the thread surgeons use to close you after cutting you open during surgery. Found it out the hard way. That wound did neither heal nor did the thread dissolve for months (which it should in normal people) and even a year after the surgery, the threads kept resurfacing and I had to pull them out of my skin with tweezers...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post