A very serious matter: Baths vs Showers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: A very serious matter: Baths vs Showers
For hygiene, I shower.

For therapy, I hope to soon purchase a hot tub, as it helps alleviate rheumatoid arthritis. I intend to shower before entering, and after exiting the filthy cess pool of misery....um....I mean "spa." Dodgy

For leisure, I do things that later necessitate a shower.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-01-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm the same.

Baths are for relaxing, warming up, and reading books.

Showers are for getting clean.
29-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Showers, showers, showers. Baths are just grody as hell.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-01-2014, 05:07 PM
I require a daily shower or I feel turrible.

The only baths I've had in my adult life were mostly with a girlfriend, and once when I had a really random fever of 104 just appear out of nowhere and then disappear a few hours later.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Man, y'alls some germophobic motherfuckers. Take a look at this shit... (from Discover magazine) Tongue

Quote:The zoo on your skin

To our microbiome, the human body must seem like an entire planet, full of different ecosystems. This is especially true for those that live on our skin. At the microscopic scale, the hairy, moist surface of your armpits is as different from the smooth, dry skin of your forearms as a rainforest is to a desert.

In a thorough survey of our skin microbiome, Elizabeth Grice identified species from at least 205 different genera. Your forearm has the richest community with an average of 44 species, while your nostril, ears and inguinal crease (between leg and groin) are the most stable habitats. Grice also found at bacteria from a specific body part have more in common than those from a specific person. Your butt microbes have more in common with mine than they do with your elbow microbes.

And a helpful chart from Wiki:

[Image: Skin_Microbiome20169-300.jpg]

Hobo Enjoy Hobo

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
29-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I prefer showers for a few reasons.

Firstly, there's a lot of aural stimulation. I don't like silence. Silence makes me uncomfortable. I like noise. I sleep with a fan and have a TV on during the day and listen to deafening Black Metal. I need a constant source of chaotic noise in order to feel comfortable. A shower provides this. The sound of the water hitting the floor and walls (combined with the warmth and physical stimuli) is very soothing to me. Secondly, as hinted at already, there's the physical stimuli. The water striking and caressing my skin at a constant rate. It feels good. Like the soft, warm hands of a woman caressing your back and shoulders. Thirdly, there's the fact that all of the filth and nonsense is washed away immediately; rather than left to stew as it would in a bath.

This is why I have a stand-up shower built into my bathroom. The only, singular drawback to this is that, every so often, one of my gal-pals will express the desire to take a long, hot bath and that's not something I'm able to provide. Undecided

Anyway, I prefer showers. The only time I ever liked baths was when I was a kid, and that's because it was an excuse to play with my toys in solitude for a while.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
29-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I second misantropic

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
29-01-2014, 09:11 PM
This thread's making me want to take a shower... [Image: surprised-in-shower-006.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
29-01-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 09:18 PM by TheGulegon.)
(29-01-2014 12:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Showers are for washing. Baths are a leisure activity.

I don't like baths, though. Lonely baths at least. Got a plastic chair, & got notches for the removable shower head, so you can place it so the water flow has less distance to lose it's hot from the head to your skin. Set it to massage flow and I've almost fallen asleep in there Shy

[edit] Showers! No question!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Forget about all that stuff. What's this I hear about Ferdie doing Skype from the shower? Blink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user