A very serious matter: Baths vs Showers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 06:51 AM by Dark Light.)
RE: A very serious matter: Baths vs Showers
I prefer baths to showers unless I'm filthy...however, I don't have a bathtub so I shower exclusively until I move.

Now, with that said, showers are probably cleaner, but baths gets you well within 'clean' in my opinion, unless you are filthy. Baths are definitely superior for sore muscles, or relaxation. Baths are also nice if you're all stuffed up. On the other hand, if you have a dirty job where you are constantly inhaling any kind of dust then baths can and do cause nosebleeds. I used to work in a dirty warehouse and speak from experience. The first time it happened to me I ran out of the bathroom naked and pouring blood screaming "Where am I bleeding from!?". Yeah, I freaked out a little. Lots of blood, and I had no idea why.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 09:16 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Slipping in tub.

Ok. Some of you pretty please give this post a chance.

My aunt used to make lotions and bath products. I once took a bubble bath, and ignored that the tub got really slick. I panicked, because the bubble bottle said not to soak in it longer than a certain time, which I had done. After the bath, I used the shower gel in a shower, and the tub got really slick. I wasn't smart enough to think about the uses of a slip matt, so there I went. The back of my head had found something solid to slam into for the fourth time in my life, and my right arm went into it as well. I lay on the floor of the tub surprised and stunned for a couple of minutes. I finished rinsing myself off, and recovered from a nice headache. These days I have to have anti-slip something.
31-01-2014, 12:15 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
31-01-2014, 07:05 PM
(29-01-2014 09:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I have no bathtub in the first place, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Of course you don't. The inefficiency of baths is offensive to German sensibilities. I have to be at work at 0900. Let's see, do I wake up at 0815-0830 and take a bath or do I maximize my sleep time and wake up at 0850, spend 5 minutes in the shower and dressing and using the next 5 minutes to get to work? It's not even a close call. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-02-2014, 07:33 AM
...take a bath at night?
01-02-2014, 01:25 PM
(31-01-2014 12:15 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

Excuse me?
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
(31-01-2014 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course you don't. The inefficiency of baths is offensive to German sensibilities. I have to be at work at 0900. Let's see, do I wake up at 0815-0830 and take a bath or do I maximize my sleep time and wake up at 0850, spend 5 minutes in the shower and dressing and using the next 5 minutes to get to work? It's not even a close call. Tongue
There's that and then there's a surplus of Jews that needs to be taken care of. Angel

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-02-2014, 07:43 PM
You can take a bath with Patrick Stewart.

[Image: enhanced-buzz-30472-1389386488-9.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post