A very stupid question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: A very stupid question
(06-07-2015 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 12:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I have outlived 2 husbands, and I expect to see them both in hell. Tongue

Wanna go for the hat trick? Consider

Very Swift, Chas. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
06-07-2015, 03:25 PM
(06-07-2015 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wanna go for the hat trick? Consider

Very Swift, Chas. Thumbsup

That's what she said (somewhat disappointed).

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
06-07-2015, 03:37 PM
(06-07-2015 12:15 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Imagine there is a Christian man.

He gets married to a Christian woman.

Christian woman dies young.

Christian man marries another Christian woman.

Christian man and his second wife die.

They go to heaven.

First wife is there, waiting for her husband.

None of these people agreed to an eternity of polygamy.

What happens now? Consider

(Rinse, switch around, and repeat for Christian woman and her Christian husbands. But not Christian man and his husbands or Christian woman and her wives, cause they're abominations.)

Answer -- they decompose - just like everyone else.

That's what you do when you're dead.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-07-2015, 03:54 PM
(06-07-2015 01:45 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  In Mark 12, the Sadducees posed a similar question to Jesus as a "test". Here's what he had to say:

"Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
“Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother.
Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children.
The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third.
In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too.
At the resurrectionc whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”
Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.""

Like many a reader before you, you can interpret that any way you wish.

Doc

So, basically once we're dead, a good portion of us will turn evil upon arrival, another lot will go back down to earth and make giants, and one more group will start licking god's boots, some of which might get flaming swords.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-07-2015, 04:03 PM
(06-07-2015 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  Very Swift, Chas. Thumbsup

Drinking Beverage

It seemed like a sincere but modest proposal. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-07-2015, 04:22 AM
(06-07-2015 03:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 02:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  Very Swift, Chas. Thumbsup

Drinking Beverage

Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-07-2015, 04:32 AM
(06-07-2015 03:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, basically once we're dead, a good portion of us will turn evil upon arrival, another lot will go back down to earth and make giants, and one more group will start licking god's boots, some of which might get flaming swords.

As long as we do not have to polish flaming swords. That would be difficult. Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-07-2015, 04:55 AM
(06-07-2015 03:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, basically once we're dead, a good portion of us will turn evil upon arrival, another lot will go back down to earth and make giants, and one more group will start licking god's boots, some of which might get flaming swords.

I'd like to call flaming sword as that sounds very cool. But...if I have to lick boots to get one I'm not sure it's worth that.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
07-07-2015, 06:00 AM
(06-07-2015 01:45 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.""

I interpret it like the story of the Pharisees asking if it's right to pay taxes to Cesar: it's a story invented to make Jesus look super wise by neither choosing option A or option B. Basically, they were trying to make Jesus look cool and edgy by having him behave like Batman.

Personally, I think the Gospels would be way better if they'd done more of this.
07-07-2015, 06:03 AM
(07-07-2015 06:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 01:45 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.""

I interpret it like the story of the Pharisees asking if it's right to pay taxes to Cesar: it's a story invented to make Jesus look super wise by neither choosing option A or option B. Basically, they were trying to make Jesus look cool and edgy by having him behave like Batman.

Personally, I think the Gospels would be way better if they'd done more of this.

More car and plane crashes would also help.....

Oh -- and a good soundtrack.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.