A very stupid question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: A very stupid question
(09-08-2015 05:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 04:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  And that godawful incense they burn during mass...

Only funeral masses. But it is pretty bad. As a kid we had to sing the funeral masses for those who wanted the children's choir. That incense wafted straight up to the balcony where we were - it was awful.

Oh, we had it on all the church holidays, too. In church, where you can't escape it. And then on all saints day, everyone went to the grave yard and the priest went around blessing all the graves, swinging that incense. Then everyone gathered around him and he prayed and we got enveloped in that incense. I hated it, it made me cough.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 11:15 PM
(06-07-2015 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 12:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I have outlived 2 husbands, and I expect to see them both in hell. Tongue

You got me in trouble.
I'm at work, and laughed out loud at this, and they all wanted to know what's so funny. Weeping

Cat-0-lick theology says the sacrament is valid only until death ... which is why they allow remarriage if a spouse dies.
BUT, I heard about a prominent priest last week who was being "layicized" (or however it's spelled) so he can marry. Roman theology says Holy Orders last forever, so I asked "Hmm, how does THAT work ?" I got a dirty look, from the person who was telling us that. Big Grin

He is still a priest but he does not perform the sacraments, although I believe he can in a necessity.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
(09-08-2015 03:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Having grown up around Catholicism I'd say you have it in exact reverse order.

Pretty much.

I could add that they are also fond of rosary beads, little votive candles, and nasty bowls of 'holy' water.

Don't forget the crackers.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
10-08-2015, 11:34 PM
(10-08-2015 11:22 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Don't forget the crackers.

The crackers?

[Image: white-trash1.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
11-08-2015, 02:06 AM
More heaven fun... Your can somehow live in eternal bliss with the knowledge that your kids are burning and suffering in hell every day for eternity.
11-08-2015, 02:22 AM
(09-08-2015 03:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Having grown up around Catholicism I'd say you have it in exact reverse order.

Pretty much.

I could add that they are also fond of rosary beads, little votive candles, and nasty bowls of 'holy' water.

Hey!

Just because most holy water is filled with bacteria and faeces, doesn't make it nasty!! Angry

Show some respect for the religion!! Censored

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-08-2015, 03:01 AM
(10-08-2015 11:15 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  He is still a priest but he does not perform the sacraments, although I believe he can in a necessity.

Ah well then, since there's never any necessity I guess he's off scot-free Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-08-2015, 03:08 AM
(10-08-2015 11:15 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You got me in trouble.
I'm at work, and laughed out loud at this, and they all wanted to know what's so funny. Weeping

Cat-0-lick theology says the sacrament is valid only until death ... which is why they allow remarriage if a spouse dies.
BUT, I heard about a prominent priest last week who was being "layicized" (or however it's spelled) so he can marry. Roman theology says Holy Orders last forever, so I asked "Hmm, how does THAT work ?" I got a dirty look, from the person who was telling us that. Big Grin

He is still a priest but he does not perform the sacraments, although I believe he can in a necessity.

Oh is that the guy who casts magic spells on babies?