A victory for human rights.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 08:34 AM by FSM_scot.)
A victory for human rights.
Finally after much debate and the usual hate mongering from the catholic church. Gays will have the right to marry in Scotland. It will possibly be the first place in the UK to do so. Unfortunately it won't be until 2015.

This is a great victory for human rights and it pisses the catholic church off immensely. so its a double victory in my opinion Big Grin

I can honestly say I've never been prouder to live here Smile

But as usual some of the comments at the bottom from the bigots are disgusting. The same old recycled shit, "why not allow humans and animals to marry". Random bible verses.
These people need to get a grip on reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
25-07-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: A victory for human rights.
(25-07-2012 08:26 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Finally after much debate and the usual hate mongering from the catholic church. Gays will have the right to marry in Scotland. It will possibly be the first place in the UK to do so. Unfortunately it won't be until 2015.

This is a great victory for human rights and it pisses the catholic church off immensely. so its a double victory in my opinion Big Grin

But as usual some of the comments at the bottom from the bigots are disgusting. The same old recycled shit, "why not allow humans and animals to marry". Random bible verses.

Dont know if they need to get a grip on reality so much as learn to mind their own buisness.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
25-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Catholics seem to fail to grasp the concept of consent. Not surprising considering their history.

Congratulations though. Sometimes it seems like Ireland is never going to get there.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
25-07-2012, 10:27 AM
great news!!! why only in 2015?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
25-07-2012, 12:00 PM
(25-07-2012 08:26 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Finally after much debate and the usual hate mongering from the catholic church. Gays will have the right to marry in Scotland. It will possibly be the first place in the UK to do so. Unfortunately it won't be until 2015.

Congratulations. It's too bad you and Hughsie will have to wait 3 more years to get married, but at least the end is in sight. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
25-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I think the 2015 thing is to put it in line with uk parliament because if the uk government has it as law it makes any legal challenges towards it more difficult. Atleast that's what I'm taking from the news story's about it.
25-07-2012, 03:35 PM
ok, i understand.
anyway really a big step into a better world, heh.
It is always a big thing when a country starts allowing same sex marriage. I know how happy I was when it first started in Germany. I was really glad to see that Ireland has it, too. Now hearing the same from Scotland Smile Just wonderful

edit: yep I sound a little over enthusiastic on this, but being bi and before I met my hubby, I always found it unfair that I may not marry a woman if I happen to see my life partner in her, just because we have the same sex. So I love to see that things are starting to happen Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
25-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I think its great. It is a massive step forward for humanity. Hopefully Other countries follow suit. Why its taken this long for something as simple as getting married is ridiculous.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I even found a Scottish Nationalist in the comments. Moo.

1315. alex
25TH JULY 2012 - 16:51
Well done to the Scottish for taking the lead in this matter and doing the right thing. Shame on the BBC (EBC) for promoting hatred towards this issue. The anti Gay and Scottish comments I have read hear are just what I have come to expect from down south. It will be a very good day when we leave this corrupt union and get politics that are for the people and not a dictatorship from London!

Under Repair.
26-07-2012, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 07:40 AM by FSM_scot.)
Wow the comments are getting worse. I honestly can't believe how ignorant some of these people are.

The anti Scottish racism stuff is shocking.

My favorite comment so far
Quote:25th July 2012 - 16:56

Let's be reactionary and ban Christians from discos!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Norway criticized by SA on human rights Bows and Arrows 17 399 30-04-2014 10:37 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
Shocked Farmer shocked after goat is born with human face HU.Junyuan 20 1,133 20-12-2013 07:53 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Zoophiles march on Berlin to demand equal rights viking 41 1,944 07-11-2013 08:59 AM
Last Post: Nick_Jacks
  Victory Day Riqposso 5 222 30-08-2013 04:29 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Largest protest In human history happening I and I 7 375 02-07-2013 05:27 PM
Last Post: MrAttacus
  Texas GOP updates it's platform againts voter and educational rights. That One Guy 1 316 01-07-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: kim
  Aung San Suu Kyi Claims Victory in Latest Election Zephony 2 398 05-04-2012 09:46 AM
Last Post: germanyt