A victory for human rights.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: A victory for human rights.
(26-07-2012 07:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Wow the comments are getting worse. I honestly can't believe how ignorant some of these people are.

The anti Scottish racism stuff is shocking.

You must be new to BBC Comments. Welcome to my world. And yes, the anti-Scots sentiments expressed by some English folk is repugnant and strengthens my desire for independence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 07:47 AM
(26-07-2012 07:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Wow the comments are getting worse. I honestly can't believe how ignorant some of these people are.

The anti Scottish racism stuff is shocking.

My favorite comment so far
Quote:25th July 2012 - 16:56

Let's be reactionary and ban Christians from discos!!

Could the religious derail the passge at this point? Here is the US they'd be gathering troops and money to deter the passage.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 07:52 AM
(26-07-2012 07:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Could the religious derail the passge at this point? Here is the US they'd be gathering troops and money to deter the passage.

We have a better version of democracy, in which money doesn't replace the will of the people. We have lobbyists, of course, but they have much less power (and money) than in the US. Also, we're more secular.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
26-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Gay Marriage was just drawn out of a random ballot by our Parliament.
So members of Parliament are set to do a conscious vote on an amendment to the Gay Marriage Act to extend gay marriage to same sex within the next month or two.

Funny because less then a month a go when gay marriage was brought up in the media (as a result of this Scottish thing I assume) John Key (Our Prime Minister) said he was for it but it was a non-issue at the moment and he wouldn't bring it up in Parliament unless it was drawn from a random ballot.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
26-07-2012, 08:36 AM
(26-07-2012 07:42 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  You must be new to BBC Comments. Welcome to my world. And yes, the anti-Scots sentiments expressed by some English folk is repugnant and strengthens my desire for independence.
I tend to use the BBC news app on my phone so i never get to see the comments. after reading some of them I'm glad i don't see them regularly.

(26-07-2012 07:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Could the religious derail the passge at this point? Here is the US they'd be gathering troops and money to deter the passage.

The catholic church already attempted it with a letter writing campaign thing, which clearly failed if its got to the stage where it looks almost certain to be passed into law.

Since this is a human rights issue hopefully the government will take no notice of the religious bigots. This is one of the rare instances where they have stood up against the church hopefully it wont be the last.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
26-07-2012, 08:51 AM
It made me smile, seeing the BBC referred to as the EBC. That poster shares my sentiments. At times, the English Broadcasting Corporation becomes the LBC (London Broadcasting Corporation). A travesty, considering John Logie Baird's contribution to the BBC... and the fact that the first director-general of the BBC was Sir John Reith.

Funny story:-

Back in the 1960s, during my grandparents first visit to the USA, they stayed with their daughter's in-laws. When being shown around their house, my gran was somewhat bemused about being told that they had an indoor bathroom, rather than an out-house. Also, the box in the corner of the living room was explained as being a TV (a magical box containing moving images and sound). I suspect that their knowledge of Scotland consisted of a viewing of Brigadoon. Marconi's TV design was the one that was popularised, but it was a Scot who invented it.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post