A witchy life (my story)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: A witchy life (my story)
I can see the appeal of witchcraft. Unlike religions centered on a god, this belief is all about personal empowerment and doing what you like (so long as you can accept the consequences). I have several friends who still believe in Wikka, but they don't actually practice it often because it has the statistical disappointment of prayer (without the support network that other religious doubters are usually buoyed with).

Leela, you may be interested in hearing Aron Ra's story (also a former new ager/sorceror) who is now an atheist.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
19-12-2011, 02:38 AM
(18-12-2011 05:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thank the Deities, you didn't continue. Can you imagine a drunk warlock on the loose?

Leela, can you share a bit, maybe, about how it felt to let go of those beliefs? If I understood you correctly, you dropped beliefs, sort of one by one as logic became more of a force in your mind. But I'm curious if there was any social impact for you? Did anyone try to convince you back into the fold, or, I don't know, even try to somehow coerce you through magic? Do you stay in contact with those folks anymore?
About the warlock on the lose, ... uh... turn him into a frog until he is not drunk anymore. Big Grin

Yes I had some social problems. Not as bad as christians because it wasn't the whole country that believed the same thing.
But by the time I had moved and it was shared living. The woman there was a witch, too. Her husband believed but was never active.
I had gained some friends, too. And I had a small business running.

So for the shared living, it was really weird. I still left my altar visible but I started giving her a lot of my things. Crystals, incense etc... I just couldn't say that I don't believe anymore because she would have made my live hell (she did already but there was space to make it worse).
The people online were the people online. I stopped talking to most of them.
My student... Well I told him that I am not practicing anymore. When he asked why I told him that I think I don't need rituals and so on because I am what I am without them, too.

I also gave up my business. But more because I left the country by that time though now I still have the articles Big Grin

@ Starcrash: I know Aron Ra's story Smile But thanks

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
19-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks so much, Leela. It's great having your input here.
It sounds like you and your husband have created a much nicer life for yourselves, and seemingly with much less drama. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 07:01 AM
A lot less drama, yes Smile It's wonderful Smile

19-12-2011, 07:07 AM
(19-12-2011 05:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  It sounds like you and your husband have created a much nicer life for yourselves, and seemingly with much less drama. Smile

Yeah, we're doing fine... uh oh! What's wrong, honey, something I said?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
19-12-2011, 07:33 AM
(19-12-2011 07:07 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Yeah, we're doing fine... uh oh! What's wrong, honey, something I said?
Wait till I come home Tongue

19-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Actually *lol* I can't stop reading that story again and again. How the hell could I believe in all that AND MORE? If you see it all on one spot like that it looks like I was a crazy person.
Actually Malleus said yesterday that I had some weird ideas when we met > but when we met I had already dropped a lot of my ideas!

Did you guys have a moment like that, too? Like the one I am having? Looking back and being like "wth did I believe in?!?!?!"
I am stunned!

[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
19-12-2011, 02:12 PM
(19-12-2011 01:48 PM)Leela Wrote:  Did you guys have a moment like that, too? Like the one I am having? Looking back and being like "wth did I believe in?!?!?!"
I am stunned!

I try very hard to forget that I have been many forms of idiot. Most of the time there were extenuating circumstances but it doesn't change the fact that I *was* a monumental tool... my big worry is that I still am Tongue
19-12-2011, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 03:28 PM by kim.)
(19-12-2011 01:48 PM)Leela Wrote:  Actually *lol* I can't stop reading that story again and again. How the hell could I believe in all that AND MORE? If you see it all on one spot like that it looks like I was a crazy person.
Actually Malleus said yesterday that I had some weird ideas when we met > but when we met I had already dropped a lot of my ideas!

Did you guys have a moment like that, too? Like the one I am having? Looking back and being like "wth did I believe in?!?!?!"
I am stunned!

I see nothing wrong with exploration of a belief system if one is sincerely looking for truths. You probably learned a lot about yourself and a lot about human nature, to boot.
It's a good thing you were around people who accepted your independence and openness, and celebrated your uniqueness - that would not go over well in a strict, fundamentalist community -be it Christian, Jew, or Muslim- there you might have really caught hell.
If you've come out the other end of the tunnel changed, then it was worth the stresses you had to endure. Gotta read the book, to get to the end of the story, so you can start a new book. Shy

In no way were you a crazy person... you just had some different, imaginative ideas about how you wanted to live your life. It worked for you at the time and then you grew. You took initiative to continue research, you grew more... you pretty much just outgrew faith. Nothing at all crazy about that!
Welcome to reality; Dodgy the other crazy.
Fortunately, you have the best tools known to man to deal with reality: logic, reason, and free thought.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
19-12-2011, 03:29 PM
XD @ Drew and Erxomai

@Leela
Did you ever have any strange crap happen? Like things you can't explain? Creepy things?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]