A witchy life (my story)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2011, 05:10 AM
RE: A witchy life (my story)
(26-12-2011 04:56 AM)Leela Wrote:  And I just wanted to add something to my whole withcraft experience.
For all the stuff that you do for others like Tarot, pendulum, light a candle, etc the only things you need for that > being able to read people well + being able to listen and observe well. "I light a candle for you" = "I pray for you"
This is why all hand readers / tarot people / seers / etc are frauds. They simply read people that's all. And most of the time they aren't even doing it well.
It's all psychology > it's easy.

When you were doing the Tarot, we're you consciously aware that you were doing this kinda cold reading thing, or had you managed to explain it to yourself via some belief that this was the correct way to do Tarot?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2011, 08:17 AM
(26-12-2011 05:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  When you were doing the Tarot, we're you consciously aware that you were doing this kinda cold reading thing, or had you managed to explain it to yourself via some belief that this was the correct way to do Tarot?

Short answer:
No, I wasn't aware of it.

Long answer:
1. All people who come to getting a Tarot done have one thing in common. They already give you a lot of information through the story they tell you and why they want it done etc etc. If they don't you ask vital questions so you can do it right. Like
Person: "Hi I would like to know how my future will be"
<not enough information so just start no matter where>
"Well I see a man, he is pretty close to you but you don't see him everyday" waiting for a reaction, observing the person's facial and body expressions, clothing, cleanliness, the eyes, every detail and going from there.

2. Tarot actually has some rules. There are different sets of Tarot. I used a gyspy set because it seemed clearer for me. But there are all kinds of sets and all have different rules for reading them. I had three different ones. But as I said i was most comfortable with the gyspy set.
So you lay them in a certain way, every card has several meanings. Famous example is the card "death" which can mean actual death of someone or something that will come to an end or a big change happening or a small change happening or a change in your mind or of your personality......... Plus your own feeling also counts big time so of course you also interpret stuff into it, make one card fit the other....

So yes you actually read into the cards what you want to tell the person. You read into the cards while thinking you reading from the cards if that makes any sense?

What I did back then, everytime when I read to a stranger. I told them to think about it and tell me if it helped / if it was wrong etc because if I am wrong I need to know so I can improve my skills. Of course noone ever came back to me and told me I was wrong so I was sure I am good at it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2011, 02:39 PM
(26-12-2011 08:17 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 05:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  When you were doing the Tarot, we're you consciously aware that you were doing this kinda cold reading thing, or had you managed to explain it to yourself via some belief that this was the correct way to do Tarot?

Short answer:
No, I wasn't aware of it.

Long answer:
1. All people who come to getting a Tarot done have one thing in common. They already give you a lot of information through the story they tell you and why they want it done etc etc. If they don't you ask vital questions so you can do it right. Like
Person: "Hi I would like to know how my future will be"
<not enough information so just start no matter where>
"Well I see a man, he is pretty close to you but you don't see him everyday" waiting for a reaction, observing the person's facial and body expressions, clothing, cleanliness, the eyes, every detail and going from there.

2. Tarot actually has some rules. There are different sets of Tarot. I used a gyspy set because it seemed clearer for me. But there are all kinds of sets and all have different rules for reading them. I had three different ones. But as I said i was most comfortable with the gyspy set.
So you lay them in a certain way, every card has several meanings. Famous example is the card "death" which can mean actual death of someone or something that will come to an end or a big change happening or a small change happening or a change in your mind or of your personality......... Plus your own feeling also counts big time so of course you also interpret stuff into it, make one card fit the other....

So yes you actually read into the cards what you want to tell the person. You read into the cards while thinking you reading from the cards if that makes any sense?

What I did back then, everytime when I read to a stranger. I told them to think about it and tell me if it helped / if it was wrong etc because if I am wrong I need to know so I can improve my skills. Of course noone ever came back to me and told me I was wrong so I was sure I am good at it.

Thanks for the explanation Smile I've kinda concluded that that's how a lot of this stuff works - most of the time people aren't out to scam you, they're just so deeply into the sort-of fictional world that they create that they actually experience the world through this filter. Like you with your mind battles - to you they were real...
26-12-2011, 03:05 PM
(26-12-2011 02:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  Thanks for the explanation Smile I've kinda concluded that that's how a lot of this stuff works - most of the time people aren't out to scam you, they're just so deeply into the sort-of fictional world that they create that they actually experience the world through this filter. Like you with your mind battles - to you they were real...

"sort-of fictional" ? Let's call a spade a spade - the word needed here is "delusional".

I am very happy that Leela has rid herself of these delusions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-12-2011, 03:24 PM
(26-12-2011 03:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Let's call a spade a spade

Do you refer to a horticultural earth displacement device? Wink
26-12-2011, 03:34 PM
(26-12-2011 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 03:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Let's call a spade a spade

Do you refer to a horticultural earth displacement device? Wink

Why, yes. Yes I do.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes, delusional it the right word. Very very delusional. But they actually believe it and they do try to help you (just like christians pray for you)
Though I think that a lot of people doing it on TV or for show know exactly well that it's not real. Like those tarot people on TV who get callers. Frauds, know-it-alls, and the attitude.... bah!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post