A world without boundaries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 12:44 AM
A world without boundaries
My vision of a perfect world...but could it ever exist? Is a world without any kind of boundaries between us as individuals possible?

My guess is that we will be at this state within the next 1000 years. Before the year 3020.

The Technological boundaries:
In the future, I see a world in my minds eye that is beautiful and wonderful.
It is a world where human beings have reached a nexus point, or rather a singularity where all human knowledge, people, thoughts, the internet, and everything else is connected. Not just connected as in to the net in and of itself. Think of it as the human species becoming hive minded, except we still retain our own free will and individuality. We are able to connect ourselves through the wireless internet through whatever wonderful technology we have during this time with just our brains alone. Augmented reality is built into our brains and is only limited to the individuals imagination to how the UI interacts with us. We can share thoughts, transmit emotions, plans, messages, and even DNA wirelessly through this wonderful new space. We the human species are essentially one big massive semi hive minded quantum computer, built out of a collection of individuals.

The most important part of this technology is the ability to rewire your brain. This is important for the next point. Because we can rewire our brains to make our personality, likes, dislikes, preferences of food, sexual, or whatever...whatever we want them to be. If we don't want to be a lazy procrastinator and mooch off people, than we won't be. Greed, rage, anything can be made possible to be without. So no more drug usage, Child molesters, Bigotry, Racism or whatever other undesirable traits that would be a detriment to humanity.

Technology is no longer bound by the people who can use it, or how much money it would cost to make it. There is no longer anything it cannot do for us as WE ARE the technology and it is us. Slowly inching our way closer to becoming sentient immortal bio quantum computer machines.

The Economical and resource boundaries:
The economy does not exist. There is no longer local, nor global economies. The economy is built off of resources and the need for them. It is built off of consumption and the individuals need to obtain basic needs and to obtain material things based off greed. Since we can rewire our brains to eliminate laziness and make it so that the individual knows that without hard work from everyone doing their part in every part of the world. Not very many people would take advantage of it. The options to rewire your personality is left to the individual, unless of criminal offense. Most people would just need the proper education to teach them the values of a zero economical world in order for them to understand why it only works if everyone "does something" in order to keep it working.

Everything is free. You can have almost anything you want except land and things like mansions! I-phone 59 is coming out? Just fill out a requisition form for it and its yours when it is completed! You want that cool looking shirt? Ok, just go take it! Food, water, soda....if we still drink it by then, or whatever...its all free.

We have found the ability to create infinite resources by....some kinda "magic" that does not exist yet because science is not that evolved yet.

Finally, The Social, racial, religious, national Barriers do not exist:
Religion is a dull roar, Racism does not exist, there are no such things as countries, or states. Everything is ran as a global ( or in our case a multiplanet) organization or some other form of government or whatever, that currently does not exist.

National pride and lands being sacred to others no longer has any place in human thought. We have evolved beyond letting our fan boy isms and the undesirable traits of racist thoughts or bigotry has been wiped from our brains by rewiring our personalities to remove that. Heck, if we want bad memories of our childhood or adulthood to go away, we can just erase them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: A world without boundaries
A fantasy future, and one that would be so easy to pervert into a dytopian set up. If you are wired to the net 24/7, and your attitudes can be changed by that same system, a computer virus could wipe out or control everyone. Got virus protection? Fine. Now hit any society where they decide that homosexuality is wrong and mandate by law that it be overridden. Ditto some religion or state sanctioned ideology.

Democracy was supposed to have the same sort of utopian outcome, but like your idea it fails to take into account the stupid, the vulnerable, the weak, and the corrupt.
28-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a everyone is living in a dystopia without realizing it. To much "rewiring" going around, all I'm seeing are strings and who knows who holds them. Can't think about it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
30-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Great thought experiment. Using Occam's razor this sounds like AI (ability to rewire) taking over chaotic biological process. At this point individuality ends.
30-10-2014, 10:12 AM
It seems to me there is a parallel between your idea and the Borg. That might be a good thing if each of us could retain our individuality but with all this rewiring going on.... I don't know what the results would be but slavery of the human race seems a possibility to me.
I personally think that in the future we will become cybernetic. We will be hooked up to the net. This I think will eliminate government as we know it. It seems to me that at that point we will truly be able to govern ourselves. I also think that we will get to the point where everything will be free but I don't think we will have to worry about contributing to the economy because machines will do it all for us. We could spend our time painting pictures, fishing, composing music or whatever gets your mojo goin.
I like the idea but I suspect that there are dangers not considered by any of us.
30-10-2014, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 10:20 AM by TreeSapNest.)
Sounds a lot like Heaven. :-)

Oh. And prepare yourself for every graphic detail of my most intimate, erotic fantasies.
30-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Yes, there could be a slippery slope of X equaling Z and humans are enslaved and no individuality. But with large degree's of personal choice still intact with how your own system is wired. I doubt that individuals will disappear.

A virus would not be a problem. It is not a problem today. Computer viruses are a funny thing that happens that affects no one anymore because of how much more advance technology is compared to how advanced the virus is.

Hackers on the other hand is another thing but we spend Billions to counter it and do so very well. If someone were to hack your own brain, you would know about the changes someone is trying to make and could just disconnect yourself from the system temporarily. Plus with your already biological brain still a big part of the system itself, I doubt any real successful attempts could be made for quite some time.

Plus, with how more advanced morality changes over time and how public opinions in first world countries are evolving, It is quite doubtful that any harmful ideologies would ever be forced onto anyone.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ