A young confused atheist here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: A young confused atheist here
Try the "Boot Heel" region of southeastern-most Missouri, where you can smell the Klan campfires burning to the sound of Ozark hillbillies playing "Dueling Banjos".

*shudder*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2015, 04:25 PM
(21-08-2015 03:45 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 03:23 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  Great! We can bang our head against the wall together from most peoples sheer stupidity here

You've got it much easier I live In Alabama where the rose's are red and people's necks are even redder

I'm literally ten minutes down the road from Alabama, we go there all the time, say no more

South Alabama isn't to bad it's more liberal than where I live now North Alabama especially Northeastern it is full of trump supporters, gun nuts and klansmen. funny enough my step dad is from the Midwest you think he would be open-minded like me not like the crazies here but then again he was brainwashed through Christian rehab I'v went to that rehab center they treat people like there nothing but just there tools to get money, but the people there seem to be too brainwashed to know they're being treated inhumanely
21-08-2015, 04:39 PM
(21-08-2015 04:25 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 03:45 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  I'm literally ten minutes down the road from Alabama, we go there all the time, say no more

South Alabama isn't to bad it's more liberal than where I live now North Alabama especially Northeastern it is full of trump supporters, gun nuts and klansmen. funny enough my step dad is from the Midwest you think he would be open-minded like me not like the crazies here but then again he was brainwashed through Christian rehab I'v went to that rehab center they treat people like there nothing but just there tools to get money, but the people there seem to be too brainwashed to know they're being treated inhumanely

That's exactly where I am (NE Alabama/NW Georgia). I think Cherokee county is the one closest to me. I'm twenty minutes from Weiss Lake

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2015, 04:41 PM
(21-08-2015 03:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Try the "Boot Heel" region of southeastern-most Missouri, where you can smell the Klan campfires burning to the sound of Ozark hillbillies playing "Dueling Banjos".

*shudder*

I don't need the Ozarks for that, I am a stones throw from the Appalachians

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2015, 04:42 PM
(21-08-2015 03:29 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 03:23 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  Great! We can bang our head against the wall together from most peoples sheer stupidity here

<---- We have great smilies to help you out with expressing that feel.

Blink Shocking Ohmy Huh

Facepalm

Frusty

Bangin

Beat_stick

How come you guys don't have my favorite?

[Image: jesus-stoning.gif]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
21-08-2015, 05:10 PM
(20-08-2015 03:50 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  I am a 15 year old closeted atheist that lives with my family in the bible belt I guess I started to doubt God when I was 12 I couldn't understand why God allowed so many innocent people to suffer of course when I asked the church they said "it's all part of God's plan" or "don't question question God" it was also around this time religion started to slowly fracture my mind thinking everything I was doing was against God's will ever since I've converted to atheism my mental phsyce has gotten much better my family has noticed this to.

speaking of them my family is fundamentalist right wing Christians so I'v with my grandparents being strict Zionists and thinks the "left wing schools" are brainwashing me since I support secularism my uncle is a conspiracy nut who watches Glenn Beck and my step dad is a racist homophobic bigot who can't stand the sight of a rainbow cause it reminds him of the "filthy gays" little does he know I'm bisexual anyway I've come here to get advice on how to come out to my family with my atheism and bisexuality.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Young-Atheists...B00AB0XK2Y

Well, you might want to give this a read if you can somehow get your hands on it without your parents buying it for you.

It might help a bit, of course just having a place here on the internet to talk it up with us is always a good start too!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-08-2015, 05:16 PM
(21-08-2015 05:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 03:50 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  I am a 15 year old closeted atheist that lives with my family in the bible belt I guess I started to doubt God when I was 12 I couldn't understand why God allowed so many innocent people to suffer of course when I asked the church they said "it's all part of God's plan" or "don't question question God" it was also around this time religion started to slowly fracture my mind thinking everything I was doing was against God's will ever since I've converted to atheism my mental phsyce has gotten much better my family has noticed this to.

speaking of them my family is fundamentalist right wing Christians so I'v with my grandparents being strict Zionists and thinks the "left wing schools" are brainwashing me since I support secularism my uncle is a conspiracy nut who watches Glenn Beck and my step dad is a racist homophobic bigot who can't stand the sight of a rainbow cause it reminds him of the "filthy gays" little does he know I'm bisexual anyway I've come here to get advice on how to come out to my family with my atheism and bisexuality.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Young-Atheists...B00AB0XK2Y

Well, you might want to give this a read if you can somehow get your hands on it without your parents buying it for you.

It might help a bit, of course just having a place here on the internet to talk it up with us is always a good start too!

Thanks, I'll see if I can check it out
[+] 1 user Likes ForsakenHeretic's post
21-08-2015, 05:27 PM
(20-08-2015 03:50 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  I've come here to get advice on how to come out to my family with my atheism and bisexuality.
Do you need to come out to them just yet?
Wait for them to pay your way through university.
Wait until you move out, then let them know the truth.

If they complain that you were fraudulent then tell them you didn't really have a choice. That coming out to them while you lived with them would ultimately lead to a living hell for everyone up until the point that you moved out.
21-08-2015, 05:34 PM
(21-08-2015 03:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Try the "Boot Heel" region of southeastern-most Missouri, where you can smell the Klan campfires burning to the sound of Ozark hillbillies playing "Dueling Banjos".

*shudder*

.... What are you doing there?
21-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Hiya! I'm from Huntsville Big Grin

There's getting to be quite a few Alabamians active on this site.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post