A youtube video that will frustrate you very MUCH.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2011, 12:05 PM
A youtube video that will frustrate you very MUCH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvr08uaFCRs

I am at a loss for words on this one....EVERYTHING this guy says is bull$h!t. I suppose I could break it down point by point but why don't we see were you guys want to start.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-07-2011, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2011 04:53 PM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: A youtube video that will frustrate you very MUCH.
Tag. I'm in.

For those that don't want to watch a 16 minute video, here's the breakdown. The four things to remember in order to "destroy atheists" is as follows... with my rebuttal. He forms it into an "easy to remember acronym" because Christians can't be bothered with remembering things like "ideas" or "words."

M.U.C.H.

Morals

"Atheists have no basis from which to draw their morals. Christians get their morals from the Bible."

-This one has been laughed off so many times that I honestly don't see how it keeps coming up. The moral lessons preached in the Bible are so incompatible with the accepted morals of modern society that you could very accurately call them immoral. Marry your rapist, sell your daughter, kill your disobedient children, beat your slave, sacrifice animals, kill homosexuals, kill anyone who tries to convert you to another religion. These are just a handful of the morals explicitly advocated in the "moral guidebook" of Christians.

Also, this would suggest that before the Bible was written, the world was chaos. People were just killing and eating each other in wild blood orgies until God told us to stop via stone tablets.

Uniformity of Nature

"Because the laws of nature exist, God exists."

-Seriously, this is his whole argument. Because gravity is constant and the orbits of planets behave in a consistent manner, we know that God must have designed these things to be this way. Here's a direct quote, "In an atheistic world, everything is in a constant state of change. There'd be no reason to think tomorrow would be like today. And so we'd have whales like Shamu turning into lizards and dinosaurs." End rebuttal.

Concepts and Laws that are Universal

"There are universal, immaterial, and abstract laws, such as the concept of the number 2. You also can't have A and not-A at the same time in the same place. A star cannot be both alive and dead at the same time. There are laws in place that maintain the order of these things, therefore God must have made these laws."

-By stating a bunch of nonsensical and contradicting statements (how come a circle isn't also a triangle?), he attempts to establish a God-created law on sense itself. You may have noticed at this point that the whole "God did it" conclusion has no transition or supporting arguments. He just states something, then falsely claims that "science can't explain it, therefore God did it."

Human Dignity

"If humans are just animals, then why do we eat other animals, but frown on eating each other?"

-That's his entire argument. Why don't we eat each other? Seriously? These "arguments" don't warrant a rebuttal. You get the feeling he just really needed an H to complete his acronym.

Then he finishes by using scripture to explain "what science can't explain." Which isn't actually "explaining" anything. If I can't figure out the antiderivative of log (base 7) 3x^4y, opening up a children's book and going "Aha, it says here that Sir William vanquished the evil Number Dragon with his sword, making all answers from thence forth zero" still doesn't give me the answer. It just gives a false sense of accomplishment and closure through a fantasy belief system. I can also believe that I am King of Gumdrop Island. It makes me feel better, but it's not cohesive with reality.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 11 users Like Buddy Christ's post
25-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed your rebuttals. I like how is two options for morals are social and individual and makes nonsensical arguments for both. Social morals? Example = Hitler. He fails to mention that the bible would constitute social morals and that Hitler was a catholic. As for individual morals he uses NAMBLa (National Association for Man Boy Love not the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes) and some kide who fucked a dog to death...I mean seriously? Really? If for no reason other than NAMBLa would fall into his social moral framework that is just fucking stupid. The kid who kills the dog? He says that individual morals are basically I don't do things to harm others so I don't get harmed and then uses this example. What? A) WTF and B) Where the hell does he get his examples from?

25-07-2011, 07:20 PM
He forms it into an "easy to remember acronym" because Christians can't be bothered with remembering things like "ideas" or "words."-BC

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, best quote I will later steal from you ever.

It`s truly a brutal video made by some scary people that must have hired out to get that video made because I can`t see them operating a computer all by themselves. I couldn't make it through the whole thing, I tried but was wholly unsuccessful, it was too damaging to my brain cells, I could feel them dying. Not to mention my rage alert level was nearing explosion.
The only thing that kept me from pulling my hair out was the dislikes. So many. Mildly reassuring. But then again there are 32 likes... 32,these people are out there making babies.

Also I wasn't aware that you were king of gumdrop island BC, congratulations man, that must look good on the old resume huh? So jealous.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
25-07-2011, 08:21 PM
0_0 I can't think anymore..........

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-07-2011, 12:08 AM
The first second of the video sums it up:

"Listen to the Narrow Mind"

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
[+] 3 users Like Efrx86's post
26-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I was in a mood when I watched this where I wanted something that would piss me off...and this thoroughly succeeded.

28-07-2011, 01:57 PM
This is typical crap. Seriously , I've heard this all before. It took me 6 months as an atheist to hear every argument creationists use. That's so utterly lame. I've seen video games with more ideas. Honestly.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like gaglamesh731's post
28-07-2011, 02:01 PM
(28-07-2011 01:57 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  This is typical crap. Seriously , I've heard this all before. It took me 6 months as an atheist to hear every argument creationists use. That's so utterly lame. I've seen video games with more ideas. Honestly.

Like Tetris?

05-08-2011, 12:00 PM

(25-07-2011 04:50 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  For those that don't want to watch a 16 minute video, here's the breakdown. The four things to remember in order to "destroy atheists" is as follows... with my rebuttal. He forms it into an "easy to remember acronym" because Christians can't be bothered with remembering things like "ideas" or "words."

M.U.C.H.

So he makes much out of nothing?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like digitalartist's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Youtube Skeptics Krabman 6 286 10-02-2014 06:46 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  if you could make through this video..... kunoxian drive 21 522 30-01-2014 02:52 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Tropes vs. Women - The video series and the responses Caveman 23 1,328 03-04-2013 01:15 PM
Last Post: Caveman
  What crazy youtube stuff have you heard Logisch 10 648 21-09-2012 12:59 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Hilarious music video. bemore 9 560 20-12-2011 02:51 AM
Last Post: Erxomai