A2's Homecoming ills.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: A2's Homecoming ills.
(24-09-2013 09:20 PM)darv Wrote:  Since I never attended school dances, I have nothing constructive to add to this thread.

I will, however, wish you luck with the dance and the general stupidity in your school.

Thumbsup

Dude ain't stupid. ... He's got this. Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Spend the 100 bucks on a cheap hooker.

Horizontal dancing... much more fun.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
25-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:For one of our assignments, they had to write a kergyma (A speech meant to converts non-believers) and she had me stand up and sit in front of the classroom and the students read their papers to me. Worst thing was, I couldn't even respond to any of the fallacies they were spouting off.

WTF!!
That is straight up harassment and not on, especially at fucking high school...
People would lose their jobs if they pulled that shit here.

Seriously, you need to speak up to someone higher than your teacher (besides God because he doesn't exist) about that shit.

As for the dance, son, you need to stop giving a shit about what other people think of you. Also, you'll be fine.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
25-09-2013, 06:30 AM
When I have to deal with obnoxious believers and treat them nicely while they are spouting off, I choose one of two approaches, depending on their intelligence.

If they are stupid, I guide the conversation to a religion they hate and let them spout off about it, it can be very amusing and I just have to listen and not contribute as I asked the question and they answer. I just nod - and nod - because they are confirming what I thought they would say. It can be a fun game and the hardest part there is to keep a serious face. If you ask a question and not say anything else, they will keep talking to fill the void. If you end up doing that I'd love to hear all about it later, it can be such fun.

If they are smart, I detach myself by approaching it like a social anthropologist and pretend I have to write a serious paper about them. I let them talk and occasionally interject a question - a non inflammatory one. As a researcher, you want to accept all their premises to follow all their thoughts through.

Both approaches have the same basis: Always ask questions and never make comments. People love to talk, especially if you just accept their premises. Let them weave whatever illogical tales they come up with. They will love you, everyone loves a guy who can just listen. And for you, it can be a ton of shits and giggles once you get home.

So:
Always accept all their premises
ask questions
don't comment
encourage them to weave stories

That is what a good, impartial researcher would do, and it always goes over well.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Don't envy you, Steven. Doesn't sound like a crowd I'd particularly be interested in hanging out with either. A shitload of people who take their religion serious enough to base their education around it sounds like a bad time. Granted, there are kids who didn't follow down their parent's path, but they are few and far between. I am picturing a room full of Jesus freaks *shutters*. My advice, just try to be pleasant, make sure you are seen, dazzle the beautiful young lady with charm, intelligence throw in some romantic compliments and then take her somewhere private where you can talk intimately about baseball metaphors. Tongue

Seriously, don't worry too much. It's a few hours and you got a pretty chick on your arm. Nothing to worry about.

06-10-2013, 12:47 AM
So, I finally went to the dance. It was fun nothing to big, just the school gym that was used to dance, stage, dj, people and one particular cunt.

We danced, at first she didn't want to, but I kinda forced her into it. Then she was the one who wanted to dance, it was nice.

All and all,the night went well. My only problem was one particular cunt who decided to scream "Go back to India" at me (I am not even from India, just tan.) and tried to lay a hand on my date.

Yeah, that dick was lucky I didn't snap his arm off when I grabbed it and forced him to quit.

Racist motherfucker...

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I am surprised your school hasn't kicked you out. I can imagine my old hs wouldn't have put up with an outright atheist amongst the group. Sort of the idea that one rotten apple will spoil the whole bunch.

I am also glad to see you had a good time. Also shocked they allowed dancing. Isn't that a vertical expression of a horizontal desire?!? Whoa, that's just teasing too close to sin right there IMO. Of course, in my school if we so much as sat closer than a bibles width to someone of the opposite sex we were scolded.

Honestly, I'm jealous of your experience. The senior banquet (their version of prom) was a man getting up and reciting,by memory, 1st John. I have never in my life wanted to scream and run out of a room like I did that night.

Like others have said, high school is only temporary. Keep a logical head on your shoulders. Try not to let them get to you; they be cray cray. Heck, I made all my heathen friends when I was 18 and I am still friends with them to this day. No one from my strict fundie background will have a thing to do with me. In my late teens and early 20's it bothered me a bit. Looking back, it shouldn't have. The church breeds contempt for those that don't assimilate.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
[+] 1 user Likes aquaquilter's post
06-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Well?

Did you use a condom, like we told you?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2013, 07:53 AM
GO BACK TO INDIA

Props to that guy for being the biggest dumbass. Laughat

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
(06-10-2013 12:47 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So, I finally went to the dance. It was fun nothing to big, just the school gym that was used to dance, stage, dj, people and one particular cunt.

We danced, at first she didn't want to, but I kinda forced her into it. Then she was the one who wanted to dance, it was nice.

All and all,the night went well. My only problem was one particular cunt who decided to scream "Go back to India" at me (I am not even from India, just tan.) and tried to lay a hand on my date.

Yeah, that dick was lucky I didn't snap his arm off when I grabbed it and forced him to quit.

Racist motherfucker...

Sorry to hear that. It's terrible that it's allowed to continue. Hopefully one day that person will feel some shame and embarrassment over what they said. Hug

Glad you did enjoy the dance. Sorry about the other issues with the teacher...

It's sad.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...