AA - Atheists and Alcoholism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: AA - Atheists and Alcoholism
I really feel like getting a bottle of bourbon. I just want to go numb something fierce.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 11:17 AM
That's why I used to drink and was the reason for my last binge a couple of months ago thankfully it was short lived and I pulled back in time. Take it easy eat something sugary foods are good, don't let anger derail you. You shared how you feel that's good, and remember if you get blotto its a very temporary fix, when you wake you'll still be in your own skin and have a horrible hangover to boot.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-12-2016, 11:20 AM
(31-12-2016 11:02 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I really feel like getting a bottle of bourbon. I just want to go numb something fierce.

I take a nap when I feel like that. Melatonin is my friend.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-12-2016, 11:23 AM
HALT... hungry, angry lonely tired, its a cliché but damned accurate
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-12-2016, 11:30 AM
I just chugged a bunch of honey. Maybe it's placebo but I feel a bit easier.
31-12-2016, 11:56 AM
(31-12-2016 11:30 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I just chugged a bunch of honey. Maybe it's placebo but I feel a bit easier.

That's good, keep doing that periodically alcohol is mainly carbohydrate/sugar so there may be some good reasoning behind it. Is there anyone who you can talk to on the phone or in person who understands what you are going through ?
31-12-2016, 12:03 PM
(31-12-2016 11:30 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I just chugged a bunch of honey. Maybe it's placebo but I feel a bit easier.

Some people don't like the idea of using pharmaceuticals to help but I'm a fan of whatever works. Benzos work well but come with their own set of problems with long-term use. There are a number of other meds which can help with the cravings which aren't benzos. Do you have a doctor helping you?

#sigh
31-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Quote:Is there anyone who you can talk to on the phone or in person who understands what you are going through ?

No.

Quote:Do you have a doctor helping you?

Yes but I think she's out of her depth. I have prescriptions to Xanax, Prozac, and Ambien. I've been trying to taper off the Xanax but I "cheated" and today and took 1mg. My script is for 1.5 to 2 mgs daily but I almost never go over 1.5. Usually I just take .5 or I start getting withdrawals. I've been taking Xanax for over five years. I was dysfunctional without it. I was assaulted and got knocked out and that plus a lot of other difficult things happened and I pretty much completely broke down.

Please, nobody lecture me on the evils of Xanax. I already know. If you walked in my shoes you would understand. I'm working to get off them with medical supervision. I tried to get specialized psychiatric care but it's not available by anyone who takes my insurance within 50 miles of me except as a full inpatient which I don't want to do and even with my insurance would bankrupt me.
31-12-2016, 12:53 PM
(31-12-2016 12:40 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Please, nobody lecture me on the evils of Xanax.

No lectures here, just took 1 mg myself. Don't see any reason to wean off as long as they're doing their job and there are no adverse side effects.

#sigh
31-12-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid of losing my health insurance or whatever and suddenly having to go cold turkey.