AA - Atheists and Alcoholism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: AA - Atheists and Alcoholism
Even though I stay away from the local AAs for religious reasons, and even though I am myself an atheist, I find value in the serenity prayer, stripped of it prayer aspect. It reminds me to focus on what I can control when the events of my life leave me out of balance emotionally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-08-2017, 04:53 PM
(02-08-2017 04:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Even though I stay away from the local AAs for religious reasons, and even though I am myself an atheist, I find value in the serenity prayer, stripped of it prayer aspect. It reminds me to focus on what I can control when the events of my life leave me out of balance emotionally.

SERENITY NOW!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-08-2017, 05:22 PM
(02-08-2017 04:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 04:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Even though I stay away from the local AAs for religious reasons, and even though I am myself an atheist, I find value in the serenity prayer, stripped of it prayer aspect. It reminds me to focus on what I can control when the events of my life leave me out of balance emotionally.

SERENITY NOW!

... or else!!
02-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Take the prayer out and yes it has value but IT IS A PRAYER. Plus, I got it. After a certain point it gets annoying.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-08-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm drinking tonight. Going through a breakup and hurting like mad. Forgive me my soapbox moment earlier, Fred.
02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Big brohug for you man. Sorry for your pain.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
03-08-2017, 04:25 AM
(02-08-2017 08:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm drinking tonight. Going through a breakup and hurting like mad. Forgive me my soapbox moment earlier, Fred.

It didn't feel like a soap box. Can you hold to just last night? Can you get back on the wagon? Shit man. I hope you're not on some crazy super bender.
03-08-2017, 06:12 AM
(03-08-2017 04:25 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 08:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm drinking tonight. Going through a breakup and hurting like mad. Forgive me my soapbox moment earlier, Fred.

It didn't feel like a soap box. Can you hold to just last night? Can you get back on the wagon? Shit man. I hope you're not on some crazy super bender.

I'm on Day One again. I am not losing the plot, not doing the whirlpool again. I dropped the blade on the relationship this morning, and so the angst that fueled my slip last night is replaced by simple hurt, which is much easier for me to deal with.

Thanks to both you and Sky, and those who PMed. Y'all's concern is much appreciated.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Cool

Obvious advice but always do your best to ride it out sober
03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
(03-08-2017 06:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm on Day One again. I am not losing the plot, not doing the whirlpool again. I dropped the blade on the relationship this morning, and so the angst that fueled my slip last night is replaced by simple hurt, which is much easier for me to deal with...

Hey Thump. Hang in there mate, my thoughts are with you. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post