AARP article on beliefs
Some of the numbers surprised me...

[Image: 0yby.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
05-12-2013, 08:24 AM
RE: AARP article on beliefs
Yeah, I expected the numbers on heaven, and to a lesser extent, angels to be higher. Also, it's odd how they seem to be taking numbers from three demographics but only reporting two of them per entry. They always do the 50+ one, but they alternate between 18-34 and 35-50. That makes me inherently skeptical that they are leaving something out (where the third group violates their "trend").
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 09:37 AM
(05-12-2013 08:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, I expected the numbers on heaven, and to a lesser extent, angels to be higher. Also, it's odd how they seem to be taking numbers from three demographics but only reporting two of them per entry. They always do the 50+ one, but they alternate between 18-34 and 35-50. That makes me inherently skeptical that they are leaving something out (where the third group violates their "trend").

That is odd the way the way the changed the age groups. Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I found this article on it,
Title: We all believe in the supernatural

It has a link to the actual study.

05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
The study didn't focus on things like aliens, bigfoot, angels, etc. so I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from.

05-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I am pleased by this. I think some 50 years ago the numbers would have been a lot higher all around. Me thinks we are slowly moving away from irrational beliefs.

It's not that people believe more crap as they get older, it's that older people were a lot more indoctrinated than today's youth.

I'm happy with these figures. Would like to see them 50 years in the future. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man