ACCENTS. ಠ_ಠ Which ones do you like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 10:06 AM

ACCENTS. ಠ_ಠ Which ones do you like?
---
You may be aware, that other countries or areas of the world, like other accents more than their own. Some people, even go as far as moving somewhere else, just to pick up the other people's accent. Now I am asking;
  • What are your favorite accents?
  • Why do you like it/them?
  • Would you be willing to move out of where you currently are, just to pick up that/those accents?

Mine would happen to be the Scottish accent.
I find it incredibly interesting & highly attractive.
There is a girl on YouTube, named EMZSings; if you look her up, I think that SHE is -gasp- Breathtaking
& Yes. I would move to Scottland just to pick up the accent.
I'm taking my senior trip in '14 or '15, to there actually. ಠ_ಠ
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
29-11-2011, 10:09 AM
RE: ACCENTS. ಠ_ಠ Which ones do you like?
Well i used to have like this British accent thingy.... Im half Canadian .-. But it went away about the age of 16 or so, bout around the time i started doing illegal stuff
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 10:11 AM

(29-11-2011 10:09 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Well i used to have like this British accent thingy.... Im half Canadian .-. But it went away about the age of 16 or so, bout around the time i started doing illegal stuff

DRUGS. ಠ_ಠ Why yu' do them?

You would have been insanely attractive to me, with an accent like that.
I -sigh- UGH!
29-11-2011, 10:16 AM
(29-11-2011 10:11 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 10:09 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Well i used to have like this British accent thingy.... Im half Canadian .-. But it went away about the age of 16 or so, bout around the time i started doing illegal stuff

DRUGS. ಠ_ಠ Why yu' do them?

You would have been insanely attractive to me, with an accent like that.
I -sigh- UGH!

Cause i love it... I have an ADDICTION I cannot stop Dx plus it makes me feel like nothing bad is ever gonna happen, i love that feeling
29-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Cliche, but I've always liked Scottish, Canadian and British accents. And even Russian (oddly, because people typically can't stand Russian accents.) I'm actually really fond of accents in general, but some I just can't tolerate. I cannot STAND Vietnamese accents. Maybe it's the Vietnamese person I know's voice that makes the accent and the language unbearable, or perhaps it's just me.

I know a boy, (you probably know him too CYTB), who influenced his own environment with a Britain touch. So keep into consideration where we're from (Alabama) a slight southern accent mixed with something peculiar sounding you'd think would come off as sort of strange or annoying sounding. But he's completely the opposite. He strikes me as a mix between The Beatles/The lead singer Stephen Christian from Anberlin/Mitchell Davis/and Eric Forman from That 70's Show. I actually love the sound of this kid's voice, and it's just his voice only, and I can't seem to be able to explain why. I've never though it of another person. o:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 10:21 AM

(29-11-2011 10:17 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Cliche, but I've always liked Scottish, Canadian and British accents. And even Russian (oddly, because people typically can't stand Russian accents.) I'm actually really fond of accents in general, but some I just can't tolerate. I cannot STAND Vietnamese accents. Maybe it's the Vietnamese person I know's voice that makes the accent and the language unbearable, or perhaps it's just me.

I know a boy, (you probably know him too CYTB), who influenced his own environment with a Britain touch. So keep into consideration where we're from (Alabama) a slight southern accent mixed with something peculiar sounding you'd think would come off as sort of strange or annoying sounding. But he's completely the opposite. He strikes me as a mix between The Beatles/The lead singer Stephen Christian from Anberlin/Mitchell Davis/and Eric Forman from That 70's Show. I actually love the sound of this kid's voice, and it's just his voice only, and I can't seem to be able to explain why. I've never though it of another person. o:

ಠ_ಠ Stop reading over my shoulder, itsFerdinand!

I have NO FUCKING CLUE who you are talking about...
Anyways.
29-11-2011, 11:53 AM
(29-11-2011 10:17 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Cliche, but I've always liked Scottish, Canadian and British accents. And even Russian (oddly, because people typically can't stand Russian accents.) I'm actually really fond of accents in general, but some I just can't tolerate. I cannot STAND Vietnamese accents. Maybe it's the Vietnamese person I know's voice that makes the accent and the language unbearable, or perhaps it's just me.

I really mean no offense but which British accent? They are three countries unless you are counting Northern Ireland. It's really grinds my ears when someone says' I like British accents'. People always assume Britain=England.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
29-11-2011, 12:00 PM
(29-11-2011 11:53 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I really mean no offense but which British accent? They are three countries unless you are counting Northern Ireland. It's really grinds my ears when someone says' I like British accents'. People always assume Britain=England.

I think it refers to English ones, in particular stereotypically Queen/Victorian accents, the dead posh ones. I think it also occasionally refers to cockneys.

Let's be honest, I can't really imagine it referring to scouse or brummie accents considering how many people like them Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I used to have a very strong East Belfast accent as a kid. I am often amazed at how awful I sound on videos and tapes from when I was younger. I have settled into a kind of neutral accent over the years. Locals can sort of tell I'm not from Dublin but they can't tell exactly where I'm from.

Like one of the previous posters, I really like Russian accents. One of the players in my roleplaying games does a really good Russian accent and tends to play Eastern European characters.
I wouldn't want to move to Russia to pick up the accent though. I took Russian in college and that's as far as I'm willing to go Tongue

I like some American accents but I can't tell which is which, so I have no idea where to go live to pick it up.
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
29-11-2011, 12:39 PM
(29-11-2011 12:14 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I like some American accents but I can't tell which is which, so I have no idea where to go live to pick it up.

You must mean the Maine accent- it's a beautiful thing and there's no mistaking it. Big Grin