ACCENTS. ಠ_ಠ Which ones do you like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 12:48 PM by tazmin98.)
RE: ACCENTS. ಠ_ಠ Which ones do you like?
(29-11-2011 12:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 11:53 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I really mean no offense but which British accent? They are three countries unless you are counting Northern Ireland. It's really grinds my ears when someone says' I like British accents'. People always assume Britain=England.

I think it refers to English ones, in particular stereotypically Queen/Victorian accents, the dead posh ones. I think it also occasionally refers to cockneys.

Let's be honest, I can't really imagine it referring to scouse or brummie accents considering how many people like them Big Grin.

My ex idiot of a friend said she can speak geordie... I wasn't aware that it's was a language.
My friends say that I have a mix of a Lancashire accent and somewhat West-Indies/American accent... I don't even...
(29-11-2011 12:14 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I used to have a very strong East Belfast accent as a kid. I am often amazed at how awful I sound on videos and tapes from when I was younger. I have settled into a kind of neutral accent over the years. Locals can sort of tell I'm not from Dublin but they can't tell exactly where I'm from.

Like one of the previous posters, I really like Russian accents. One of the players in my roleplaying games does a really good Russian accent and tends to play Eastern European characters.
I wouldn't want to move to Russia to pick up the accent though. I took Russian in college and that's as far as I'm willing to go Tongue

I like some American accents but I can't tell which is which, so I have no idea where to go live to pick it up.
I like Russian accents as well! They're just so sexy!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 01:19 PM

(29-11-2011 12:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it refers to English ones, in particular stereotypically Queen/Victorian accents, the dead posh ones. I think it also occasionally refers to cockneys.

Let's be honest, I can't really imagine it referring to scouse or brummie accents considering how many people like them Big Grin.

I like Manchester accents.
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Ahhhh the Jamaican accent. It's almost like they take english and turn it into music.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 01:56 PM
(29-11-2011 10:06 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Mine would happen to be the Scottish accent.

Guess which accent i have.

Also what kind of scottish accents? theres not just one for the whole country.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
29-11-2011, 03:43 PM
(29-11-2011 11:53 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I really mean no offense but which British accent? They are three countries unless you are counting Northern Ireland. It's really grinds my ears when someone says' I like British accents'. People always assume Britain=England.

I think it refers to English ones, in particular stereotypically Queen/Victorian accents, the dead posh ones. I think it also occasionally refers to cockneys.

What would you refer to his accent as? I didn't know otherwise but to refer to British accents generally, because I couldn't differentiate. o:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 03:52 PM

I am in love
My favorite accent.
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 04:13 PM
(29-11-2011 03:43 PM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  

What would you refer to his accent as? I didn't know otherwise but to refer to British accents generally, because I couldn't differentiate. o:

You like a Londoner accent!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
29-11-2011, 04:15 PM
(29-11-2011 11:53 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  You like a Londoner accent!

thank you for the clarification. Big Grin
29-11-2011, 04:15 PM
(29-11-2011 03:43 PM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  What would you refer to his accent as? I didn't know otherwise but to refer to British accents generally, because I couldn't differentiate. o:

I'm not sure, most people I know would refer to it as the Queen's English, it's a lot posher than I sound. I have no idea about which area speaks it though.

Maybe Londoner but definitely not cockney.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Monique with the French Canadian accent I remember from thirteen years back. Then there's Jason Statham. Kind of depends on the person. I tend to like all of them except for mine; this "Worcester" accent that occasionally makes me hard to understand or the subject of ridicule. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]