ADHD/ADD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: ADHD/ADD
Didn't the guy that invented ADHD meds admit that it was all bullshit before he died? I think the terms "ADHD" and "bad ass kids with no home training" are often used interchangeably and ADHD (if real) is overdiagnosed...but I won't go as far as to say it's a hoax until I research it some more.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 05:40 PM
http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2013/05/...88648.html

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 05:42 PM
(29-01-2014 05:38 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Didn't the guy that invented ADHD meds admit that it was all bullshit before he died? I think the terms "ADHD" and "bad ass kids with no home training" are often used interchangeably and ADHD (if real) is overdiagnosed...but I won't go as far as to say it's a hoax until I research it some more.

I'm telling you for a fact that it's real.
I started a thread where you can ask ADHD people questions.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 05:44 PM
If adhd has to do with your concentration,how can it be used as an excuse for being a dick?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
29-01-2014, 05:45 PM
(29-01-2014 05:40 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2013/05/...88648.html

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/adhd.asp

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
29-01-2014, 05:46 PM
(29-01-2014 05:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 05:38 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Didn't the guy that invented ADHD meds admit that it was all bullshit before he died? I think the terms "ADHD" and "bad ass kids with no home training" are often used interchangeably and ADHD (if real) is overdiagnosed...but I won't go as far as to say it's a hoax until I research it some more.

I'm telling you for a fact that it's real.

I don't really have any questions...and I understand the symptoms of ADHD...but I also understand that these "symptoms" could easily be explained by something else....but again, I'm not qualified to talk on this subject...it's not something I've studied in depth or experienced first hand. So I'm sorry if my post was offensive towards you, I was just thinking out loud. But you better believe I'm gonna go get my reading on to understand this a little better....but until then, I won't speak from ignorance~I'll leave that to the theists Tongue

29-01-2014, 05:50 PM
(29-01-2014 05:44 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  If adhd has to do with your concentration,how can it be used as an excuse for being a dick?

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Keyword: Hyper.
It's not a legitimate excuse, although people misconstrue it as "being a dick" when you're just hyper. Also, you tend to swear a lot.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 05:50 PM
(29-01-2014 05:46 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 05:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm telling you for a fact that it's real.

I don't really have any questions...and I understand the symptoms of ADHD...but I also understand that these "symptoms" could easily be explained by something else....but again, I'm not qualified to talk on this subject...it's not something I've studied in depth or experienced first hand. So I'm sorry if my post was offensive towards you, I was just thinking out loud. But you better believe I'm gonna go get my reading on to understand this a little better....but until then, I won't speak from ignorance~I'll leave that to the theists Tongue

No harm, no foul Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 11:17 PM
(29-01-2014 05:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Caveman, do you think it's harder for people tell you have ADHD now that you're an adult? Do you think people use ADHD as an excuse to act like "dicks"?

No one can tell. Except my friends who see me when I am relaxed.
In daily life I am now calm and inert. The meds neutralized me.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
10-07-2014, 02:30 PM
(27-01-2014 12:17 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Is ADHD even real? Or is it just a ploy by the pharmaceutical companies to push out more drugs so people don't have to parent properly?

It's real. I am ADHD (inattentive). Medication makes a huge difference in my ability to function.

...Would you ask if schizophrenia was real or epilepsy? Or blame the symptoms on bad parenting?

I recognize that the symptom aren't visible in the same way as schizophrenia or epilepsy. The neurological disorder can still be very debilitating. Thankfully, medication can help.