AHAHAH... yep... this is awkward...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: AHAHAH... yep... this is awkward...
There's a saying in China that it tastes better when it is forbidden.

I am in a country where every one looks the same (you get the idea), so ... I wish I could be more helpful on this issue. But I think it is important that you think about the mentioned saying to see its influence on your evaluation of your relationship.

I hope that it works out both for you and your mom.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I've thought about it more today, and it isn't just my mom I worry about. My entire family is pretty republican, southern, narrow minded. I remember one time I jokingly made a statement about there being nothing after death, and my uncle became infuriated about it. I mean, for a family that fights, prostitutes, and deals and abuses, I don't think they should be the ones to sulk in religion and preach values, but they do.

I couldn't imagine how they would react if I told them I was gay (I'm not) or anything relative. My mom told me once she would be okay with me liking girls, but I feel like if I actually did, she would react far differently. Easier said than done, you know?

My father is full blood Italian. So dark he almost looks Puerto Rican. I was born with more Irish and German- pale skin and lighter hair. My sister inherited the darker skin and darker hair. I remember staying at my Grandfather's house (Grandfather is last remaining grand parent as of now; also very racist, sexist, old, etc.) and he called my little sister and I "n*ggers" as a reference to how dark skinned my father was.

Needless to say, yeah, I could probably break it down gently to my mom... but as for the rest of my family, I feel it wouldn't be nearly as easy to break.
11-04-2014, 10:41 PM
(11-04-2014 09:24 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I've thought about it more today, and it isn't just my mom I worry about. My entire family is pretty republican, southern, narrow minded.

During the feudal ages in China, marriages were mostly arranged and a matched condition of the two families was required. It's been greatly improved from then on. Yet as you can still feel, a cirtain degree of interaction of the two families is inevitable if you two are going to get married.

Take it slow, let the reaction naturally happen and see how it goes.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
12-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I've had a crush on someone who had a different skin color. Her skin was ever so slightly paler than mine.

That is what I think of people who think biracial relationships are bad. Those people are hypocrites. Dodgy

Semantics are fun.
I'll develop the most annoying philosophy. Semanticism. (The end is pronounced K-Is-um.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
13-04-2014, 02:40 AM
I don't understand what the issue is here?
13-04-2014, 08:55 AM
(13-04-2014 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't understand what the issue is here?

My mom and family would probably start World War III if I ever dated a guy who even so much as had one black parent.

In the future, how do I approach the matter without getting... I don't know... shot, strangled, etc.?

Dammit Muffs. Tongue