AI changing religious indoctrination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 07:12 AM
RE: AI changing religious indoctrination
(11-09-2017 09:52 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Another troll?

Strictly speaking, it's someone with one post posting a link, which is technically against the rules. I can't prove intent, but I rarely watch one hour videos I'm interested in, let alone unsolicited fly-bys with no summary or reason for me to care.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: AI changing religious indoctrination
(11-09-2017 04:30 PM)mordant Wrote:  Not going to listen to a long video either, but the summary seems to be making the point that Google wants to redirect people searching for violent content, to peaceful content. I would like to think that Google isn't that dumb. What if I am opposed to violence, but want to research it, for example?

I would not support such a notion, because who gets to decide what is forbidden speech, or what to do about it? Maybe atheists should be redirected to church websites by that logic. And maybe that was the OP's point, if they had one.

Yes that was the point of the podcast, At least that's what I got out of it - that churches could (and probably will) use AI to target aethists and others (agnostics, other religions etc) to convert them.

AI will then potentially be better at convincing people than the current evangelists as it will be able to manipulate our psychology.

Was interested to see what others thought?

btw some people here have mentioned a long video - not sure what that is about? is it linked to the podcast?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply