AI dictatorship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 01:35 PM
RE: AI dictatorship
(09-09-2013 01:08 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 08:18 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  No reason you couldn't hand a state or two over to the machine at a time.

Yabut, the machine may well command that those nations capture strategic nations which have not yet 'complied'. Then we have a Robo-Hitler on our hands, and no body wants that....okay, well, most people don't want that anyway.

[Image: tumblr_m5li8woBqC1r4mqiyo1_500.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Exactally! (pronounced like I spelt it)

10-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Re: AI dictatorship
42... That's why I would be weary.

But no more worrisome than the norm routine of 7 religious nutjobs on a board making the choice.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-09-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm not afraid of an AI. Computers are very stupid, they can never think out of the box. Neither can some people. People program the box, AI thinks within it. I think a world controlled by an AI would be relatively easy to fool, hack and take over. No programming solution is perfect, good solutions are very particular and easy to go around.

Von Neumann and Turing machines are not our enemies or threats, they're our obedient, somewhat daft slaves. It's Hollywood directors who paint human face on the transistor clockwork and say it can think it's people or better than people.

Did you see the robot in the film with Will Smith - I, Robot? Will Smith insulted him and the robot got angry and squeezed the metal table a little. That's bullshit. That's a typical amygdala sensory response, a fight or flight reflex, combined with adrenal glands. You can't have such responses without amygdala and kidney glands and all the other squishy stuff.
Even I sometimes have difficulties reacting like a human, so a real computer has no chance at all. Smile
10-09-2013, 07:30 AM
(10-09-2013 06:58 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I'm not afraid of an AI. Computers are very stupid, they can never think out of the box. Neither can some people. People program the box, AI thinks within it. I think a world controlled by an AI would be relatively easy to fool, hack and take over. No programming solution is perfect, good solutions are very particular and easy to go around.

Von Neumann and Turing machines are not our enemies or threats, they're our obedient, somewhat daft slaves. It's Hollywood directors who paint human face on the transistor clockwork and say it can think it's people or better than people.

Did you see the robot in the film with Will Smith - I, Robot? Will Smith insulted him and the robot got angry and squeezed the metal table a little. That's bullshit. That's a typical amygdala sensory response, a fight or flight reflex, combined with adrenal glands. You can't have such responses without amygdala and kidney glands and all the other squishy stuff.
Even I sometimes have difficulties reacting like a human, so a real computer has no chance at all. Smile

You don't understand what AI is. If we create an AI machine, it will be a person.

You are thinking of computer programs that exhibit some aspects required for an AI.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-09-2013, 08:03 AM
First comes the algorithm that decides how to maximise human happiness. Then comes the gaming of that algorithm.

[Image: 20120403.gif]
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2569

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
10-09-2013, 01:43 PM
(10-09-2013 07:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  You don't understand what AI is. If we create an AI machine, it will be a person.

You are thinking of computer programs that exhibit some aspects required for an AI.
Machine or not, AI is not a person. A person is when you take an animal species and wait a few million till it evolves. There is no reason whatsoever why AI should have any personal characteristics, such as self-awareness, likes, dislikes, fears and pleasures.
It might rather be an AI that develops and tests strategies on internet content sorting or something as impersonal as that.

It would be a person, if it was created out of biological cells into a real brain, I suppose. But people do that all the time and we call them parents, not scientists.
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
he fancy on evil victory

like finally getting smthg worth to enslave to get a program from by forcing it to worse possessions powers so it wont have a choice but to do what u want from

and call that ur bot as if u created it, while u only destroyed it and forced its free value to serve u

but that is a fancy, bc it is obvious that in reality of what he means that thing will kill him and all who are with him and would never give him but the reverse of what he wants, bringing all to show the criminals wills naked

as if abusing free values is possible as they are isolated, so easily u can call it ur value
morons, free values is still truth and never anyone isolation, so on the contrary objective freedom would b the present, showing being the way to see what the truth would do on u