AL Taco Bell refuses service to PD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 12:07 PM
AL Taco Bell refuses service to PD
According to this article:

http://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell...?r=UK&IR=T

An employee at Taco Bell refuses to serve them and was fired the next day. Ignoring the obvious question of why the officers would want to eat at Taco Bell to begin with, I wonder if the cashier could claim that it was his sincerely held religious belief to refuse service and claim persecution. I am not sure whether Alabama has a RIFRA type law or not.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 12:10 PM
RE: AL Taco Bell refuses service to PD
(19-07-2016 12:07 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  According to this article:

An employee at Taco Bell refuses to serve them and was fired the next day. Ignoring the obvious question of why the officers would want to eat at Taco Bell to begin with, I wonder if the cashier could claim that it was his sincerely held religious belief to refuse service and claim persecution. I am not sure whether Alabama has a RIFRA type law or not.

They were fired so doesn't matter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Since Taco Bell is part of Pepsi I would guess that some heads are going to roll. Pepsi tends to follow the same rules all over the country. They hold Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Quaker Oats, Lays, among others. Local franchisees should know well enough that they follow Pepsi's rules or they move on down the road.

Pepsi isn't going to stand for press like that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-07-2016, 12:19 PM
(19-07-2016 12:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Since Taco Bell is part of Pepsi I would guess that some heads are going to roll. Pepsi tends to follow the same rules all over the country. They hold Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Quaker Oats, Lays, among others. Local franchisees should know well enough that they follow Pepsi's rules or they move on down the road.

Pepsi doesn't own them. They are owned by Yum! which spun off of Pepsi. Yum! is independent of Pepsi.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
19-07-2016, 12:22 PM
(19-07-2016 12:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since Taco Bell is part of Pepsi I would guess that some heads are going to roll. Pepsi tends to follow the same rules all over the country. They hold Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Quaker Oats, Lays, among others. Local franchisees should know well enough that they follow Pepsi's rules or they move on down the road.

Pepsi doesn't own them. They are owned by Yum! which spun off of Pepsi. Yum! is independent of Pepsi.

Still quite an incestuous relationship.

With this happening I am willing to bet that within the next month the Pepsi plant where my husband and son work will have a cookout for the local police.

Those companies are all still quite intertwined. If you think they are truly independent you have been misled.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-07-2016, 12:24 PM
(19-07-2016 12:07 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Ignoring the obvious question of why the officers would want to eat at Taco Bell to begin with

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
19-07-2016, 12:27 PM

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
19-07-2016, 12:27 PM
(19-07-2016 12:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Pepsi doesn't own them. They are owned by Yum! which spun off of Pepsi. Yum! is independent of Pepsi.

Still quite an incestuous relationship.

With this happening I am willing to bet that within the next month the Pepsi plant where my husband and son work will have a cookout for the local police.

Those companies are all still quite intertwined. If you think they are truly independent you have been misled.

In business terms, they are independent. Other than Pepsi having their products in the restaurants, they have nothing to do with each other.

19-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Next time somebody robs Taco Bell -- Taco Hell can fuck off - and not call the cops........

Asshats..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-07-2016, 12:37 PM
(19-07-2016 12:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Next time somebody robs Taco Bell -- Taco Hell can fuck off - and not call the cops........

Asshats..

To be fair, "Taco Bell" didn't do anything wrong. One Taco Bell employee did, and Taco Bell fired him for it. I can't see attaching any blame to the franchise for this incident.

Now, their shitty food is another matter...
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post