AL Taco Bell refuses service to PD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: AL Taco Bell refuses service to PD
I actually like Taco Bell. Reminds me of elementary school lunch chalupas.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 02:27 PM
(19-07-2016 02:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Pepsico spun off what is today known as Yum! Brands in 1997.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...t-got-away

They serve Pepsi and other Pepsico products because they were once under the same umbrella. Today they are independent and separate companies.

More than 75% of Yum shares are held by institutions. If Pepsi owns any of Yum they aren't high enough up on the list to make the first page of institutional owners. Investment management companies like the Vanguard Group and State Street own the single most number of shares in most publicly traded major US corporations like Pepsico, Yum, Coke, Apple and Microsoft.

Other than contracts/agreements between Yum and Pepsi for Yum to sell Pepsi products the biggest current relationship between the two is probably at the board level. The interlocking directorate diagram of Fortune 500 companies would probably make IBM's Watson's head spin.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
19-07-2016, 02:35 PM
(19-07-2016 02:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I actually like Taco Bell. Reminds me of elementary school lunch chalupas.

i agree. people unfairly compare it to authentic mexican food, which is ridiculous. it has its own thing goin for it.
19-07-2016, 03:44 PM
(19-07-2016 02:35 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I actually like Taco Bell. Reminds me of elementary school lunch chalupas.

i agree. people unfairly compare it to authentic mexican food, which is ridiculous. it has its own thing goin for it.

That would be like comparing McDonald's to human food.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-07-2016, 05:27 PM

Yeah but frankly, you soldiers are trained to eat whatever is available. Your endorsement is about as powerful as a billygoat. Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-07-2016, 06:24 PM
(19-07-2016 05:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Yeah but frankly, you soldiers are trained to eat whatever is available. Your endorsement is about as powerful as a billygoat. Tongue

Don't knock grubs until you've tried them! Smile
19-07-2016, 06:32 PM
(19-07-2016 06:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Yeah but frankly, you soldiers are trained to eat whatever is available. Your endorsement is about as powerful as a billygoat. Tongue

Don't knock grubs until you've tried them! Smile

Honestly I've yet to meet another soldier who will eat half the shit I'll eat, but I've met plenty who will eat at Taco Bell.

On a side note, my platoon leader is Mexican (probably the only one in Vermont) and whenever I happen to get the "Mexican Rice" MRE out of the box of random crappy meals I offer to give it to him, because I'm culturally sensitive like that.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
19-07-2016, 07:09 PM
(19-07-2016 06:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 06:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Don't knock grubs until you've tried them! Smile

Honestly I've yet to meet another soldier who will eat half the shit I'll eat, but I've met plenty who will eat at Taco Bell.

On a side note, my platoon leader is Mexican (probably the only one in Vermont) and whenever I happen to get the "Mexican Rice" MRE out of the box of random crappy meals I offer to give it to him, because I'm culturally sensitive like that.

And he laughs like a big dog when you do it, right? Big Grin Because you both know that that shit isn't anything like what he ate at home. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-07-2016, 07:10 PM
(19-07-2016 12:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  To be fair, "Taco Bell" didn't do anything wrong. One Taco Bell employee did, and Taco Bell fired him for it. I can't see attaching any blame to the franchise for this incident.

Now, their shitty food is another matter...

I stand corrected....

And -- I don't know about their "food"....

I've never eaten there --- and don't plan on it.

I've heard from little birds through the grapevine that their "beef" is made from horses.

That wouldn't dismay me from eating there. My ancestors ate horses. It won't hurt me once in a while.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-07-2016, 11:18 PM
(19-07-2016 12:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And -- I don't know about their "food"....

I've never eaten there --- and don't plan on it.

That is a good plan. Taco Bell goes through me like the Wehrmacht through France.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post